The Modelbench Armory

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Today's the 75th anniversary of what's generally considered the end of World War II, atleast where I live. (The US)

Of course, this is relevant to the Armory, as WWII was a time of extremely rapid technological advancement, notably in firearms.
So of course, I'm doing a WWII-themed update.

I had come up with the idea to do a WWII update for this occasion several months ago and intended for it to be released today, but I greatly overestimated how fast I could work and am still fairly far from done.    But it's, despite this, still coming.

The update will be split into 4 parts, all released 2 weeks apart.    It will include over 45 proper weapons, plus several grenades, melee weapons, and attachments.    

Here's a few teasers for what you can expect:

No. 1

No. 2

No. 3

No. 4

As for when it'll be released, I don't know.    Probably in something over a month, but hopefully less than 2.     

Lastly, for no reason other than that it'd be fun, I'm going to put out a 2-4 minute long trailer (+an in-depth look at the update's content) for it a week or two before the update's released.

Thanks for reading this, and have a good day.    

Also, I forgot to mention, the Armory's YouTube channel recently hit 50 subscribers, so thank y'all for that.

Edited by crustyjpeg
changed a word

12 hours ago, crustyjpeg said:

there is one, the eotech 518
but i can add some more if there's one in particular you want

The 518 is pretty bulky      compared to the image i posted
And since the nydar model 47 isn't made for picatinny rails, It'd just be nice to have something similar that is for picatinny rails
The ESSLNB Red dot scope is alright, and the model is at least semi-recognizable

Edited by r3d3mb3r

27 minutes ago, r3d3mb3r said:

The 518 is pretty bulky      compared to the image i posted
And since the nydar model 47 isn't made for picatinny rails, It'd just be nice to have something similar that is for picatinny rails
The ESSLNB Red dot scope is alright, and the model is at least semi-recognizable

aight sounds good

11 minutes ago, BladerInc said:

wait, why is it against the guidelines if i may ask?

mostly as a joke that i'm taking far too seriously, but i do also kinda hate that gun

the end goal with the armory is to have every weapon except the fn f2000

and while it's not possible to have every gun, let alone every weapon, it's very easy to not have the fn f2000

2 minutes ago, crustyjpeg said:

mostly as a joke that i'm taking far too seriously, but i do also kinda hate that gun

the end goal with the armory is to have every weapon except the fn f2000

and while it's not possible to have every gun, let alone every weapon, it's very easy to not have the fn f2000

unfourtunate, i kinda liked the gun, but oh well, regardless, why do you hate the gun?

13 minutes ago, BladerInc said:

unfourtunate, i kinda liked the gun, but oh well, regardless, why do you hate the gun?

i'm not a fan of it aesthetically and it's apparently a terrible gun irl, which makes me a little salty that it's achieved more fame than other, far better guns like the fn fnc and h&k xm8

and i guess "hate" is a bit of a strong word, i don't really "hate" any guns per se, i just dislike some (the f2000 being a prime example of that)

also there are some guns similar to the f2000 that i'd be happy to make, such as the steyr aug and iwi tavor

Edited by crustyjpeg

48 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

-snip-

Thank you for the kind words!

I'm really glad it's lived up to the original Armory in your eyes.

Also, I think you really deserve a lotta credit for it.    If not for you, I never would have started this project to begin with.

Lastly, I saw your status update and all I have to say is that I hope everything here works well for you.    And if there's something you want/need that I haven't made already then I'd be more than happy to make it and send it your way.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:45 PM, crustyjpeg said:

-snippie-

You're too kind, but you put in the effort so I deserve no credit really. I'm at least glad that there's some good gun rigs being made.

And that status for the files? Yeah they're toast. Once Dropbox accounts become inactive for a year, the pending files are put on a 6 month backup until the user reactivates their account. I got to it around 8 months after.