The Modelbench Armory

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Update 12:

Sorry about the stupid long wait.

I've got some additions and some news about the future of the Armory.

CHANGELOG:
-Added the AK 5C
-Added the G3A3
-Added the MSBS-5.56B, requested by @Slime
-Added the L42A1
-Added the Boys Anti-Tank Rifle
-Updated a lot of weapons including the M1 Garand, StG 44, MP5A3, and SMLE Mk. 1
-Removed the AK-47 and MP 18 as neither of them were very well made, but new versions of them will be in the next update.

Now, for the news.
I'm introducing an update schedule to hopefully get more updates out, as I've failed to maintain the Armory as well as I should.   Every other Sunday, the first being December 1st.  (of course if I want to release an extra update outside the schedule then I will)
Also, @OzFalcon and @CodyBI are now helping out with this.
I also removed a few weapons from the to-do list becuase they were in some way kinda pointless or simply don't meet the new request terms.

ok bye

Edited by crustyjpeg
added the update number

Update 13:

-Added the AKM to replace the really bad old AK-47 model
-Added a new MP 18, I model to replace the old one
-Added the M3 Grease Gun
-Added the Baseball Bat, which happens to be the first melee weapon. (requested by @Slime)

Not as large of an update as I had hoped, as I didn't have quite as much time as most updates will going forward, and it was just a very busy week and a half.  I hope to make the next update larger but I can't make any promises as I'm getting a VR headset sometime around the 4th and will be playing with that quite a bit unless something goes wrong.

Edited by crustyjpeg
added the update number

I'm sorry to say there's not any update today, although I meant to get one out.
I was going to release an (albeit small) update today but Modelbench screwed me over as it often does and I don't feel like dealing with it today, although I'll try to make up for it next update.

And, so that I feel like I have to make next update good, here's a list of weapons I'll try my best to get out (and you can expect them to be there):

-The P90
-The OSIPR/AR2 from Half-Life 2
-The Winchester SXP Marine
-And I'll also try to get the AR-10 out.

-oh and the desert eagle @Hozq @Hozq thanks for reminding me

I'll do more if I don't go insane trying to get these 5 out with my frustratingly limited schedule.

Also, here's a teaser for a massive update coming out in the summer of next year if everything goes as planned.  I've been working a decent bit on it this past 2 weeks so that probably has something to do with today's update not existing.

Once again, sorry I didn't get anything out today.

Edited by crustyjpeg

21 hours ago, crustyjpeg said:

Whenever I get all the current requests finished, so hopefully the first half of next year but I'm honestly not sure.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

It's alright, that means you're working hard thanksss for the hard work :)

i meant to get a massive update out yesterday, but due to a few different factors (being rather sick for a decent chunk of the past 2 weeks, christmas related stuff, and not wanting to animate another select-fire rifle because that's most of what i've been animating and modeling for far too long and i made the idiot choice of working on the ar-10 first) i wasn't able to get even one of the 5 guns i said i would

it's been delayed to the 12th of january, and i've learned to:

A:don't promise a bunch of guns at a very close date if you haven't even done half the work you're promising
B:woah slow down with the select-fire rifles for a bit

aight see y'all next year, sorry if this causes any inconvenience

Update 14

New weapons:

-The AR-10, requested by @PhiliP
-The OSIPR (AKA AR2 pulse rifle) from Half-Life 2, requested by @Chirp
-The Desert Eagle Mark XIX, requested by @willingsas (also thanks to @Hozq for animating it)
-The Winchester SXP Marine Defender, requested by @Slime
-And the FN P90 TR, requested by @Rollo

Changes:

-Changed some of the 9x19mm Parabellum weapons to better match the new cartridge model's dimensions
-Updated both the shotguns available prior to this update to look better and fit the new lengthened 12-gauge shell model
-Made all the rails on all the guns that have them consistant
-And probably various other changes that I forgot

Removed:

-The M1911
-The USP Match
-And the FAMAS

These models weren't very good so I'm removing them for now, but I'll try to get them redone fairly soon.

aight bye i gotta go watch some star wars with my brother now have a nice day

Edited by crustyjpeg
added the update number

Update 15 - THE ATTACHMENT UPDATE

This update, by the bootleg Minecraft-styled update name, adds attachments.  You can use them to make your gun fit a specific role better, look more pleasing to your eyes, or just to do some tacticool mall ninja crap.

Details on attachments can be found on the page itself, now on with the long-ass changelog.

WEAPONS ADDED:
-The H&K G36C
-The AKS-74UN
-And the AK-74M
(don't ask why i added 2 ak variants in the same update because i don't want to tell you)

WEAPONS CHANGES/REMOVALS:
-Removed the pre-attached sights from any guns that shouldn't include them.
-Updated the info documents to include attachment types on any guns with those.
-Heavily reworked the M82A1 model to be more accurate to the real thing, far larger, and it's got two new color options. (desert/tan, and spraypaint camo)
-Updated the AKM model to be a bit more proportionally accurate, and added a stupid gold skin because I have no shame.
-Updated the StG 44 model to look a bit better.
-Made the scope reticle on the L42A1 an independant part for consistency with the attachments.
-Removed the M1917 bayonet from the M1897 shotgun and made it an attachment after updating it.
-And removed the M2 Browning for the time being.

ATTACHMENTS ADDED:

Misc. attachments:
-The M1917 Bayonet, originally included with the M1897 and now updated a bit.
-The Knight's Armament Forward Pistol Grip
-And the Magpul AFG-2
Muzzle attachments:
-The SureFire SOCOM556-RC
-The SilencerCo Osprey 9
-And the PBS-4
Close-range sights:
-The EOTech Model 518
-The OKP-7
-The EKP-1S-03 Kobra
-The PK-AS
-The Nydar Model 47
-The Midwest Industries Combat Rifle Sights
-The Troy Industriest Tritium BattleSights
-And the SureFire Rapid Transition Sights
Mid-long range sights:
-The Trijicon TA31RCO
-The Leupold Mark 4
-And the POSP 4x24

Also, I'm opening up requests for attachments until next update (in a tiny bit under 2 weeks from when I'm posting this) so I can flesh out the selection with anything that should be there

I hope y'all have fun with the attachments, and may the Bubba'ing commence.

Edited by crustyjpeg
added the update number

4 hours ago, ZombieGuildford said:

Question.

When you get round to my suggestion. The COD Zombies Ray Gun Mk1. Will it be lumped in with the Pistols or will it get it's own Wonder Weapon Catagory? ?

Probably pistols, as I don't like having 1-weapon categories.  (especially if the category is a weird one like that)