Nether Diary - Episode 10 [Minecraft Animated Series]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Nether Diary is a Minecraft Animation series that tells about a Private First Class ranked soldier named Connie Alexander who is on a mission to venture a Nether infested earth. He must rely on his minimal experience to battle through hordes of former humans and various nether entities while writing his unbelievable experience on a notebook. 

In this episode: Our main character is then recruited to the Snow Unit after they found him. But someone told him to continue his mission as a Main Unit soldier. 

Music and everything else are credited at the end of the video. Sorry for every mistakes found in this video, it had been done :P 

I hope you liked my animation. And as always, constructive criticism is highly appreciated. :) 

I have some constructive criticism for ya:

1:Sometimes characters will be seen standing absoloutely still

2:The animation kinda went by too fast, making it somewhat hard to follow

3:The music is always playing, just, always --- The reason this is a problem is that it is used when it would be better to just use sound to set the tone

4:And also the sound design is pretty eh

And now some solutions to those problems:

1:Add some idle animations

2:Slow things down a bit, give the viewer time to process what just happened

3:Don't always use music, sometimes it would be a better idea to use some ambient background sounds (wind, snow blowing, etc)

4:Add some more detail to the sounds, and don't have it that loud when a book hits somebody's face

Now, I still enjoyed it.     I really do like this series, but it aint perfect.

Holy ****. The music is literally from the Darksiders II soundtrack. I'm just gonna give an upvote because I love that game so much and I don't care about anythi-. Oh and now it's gone. Ok just start the video with the Darksiders II soundtrack then rip it away from me with a completely different track. :steve_tearful:

9 hours ago, MasterArcher12 said:

Did the book just fly from the table and into his hands at 1:10?

Yes. Please acknowledge that this is episode 10

6 hours ago, EnderSculptor said:

I have some constructive criticism for ya:

1:Sometimes characters will be seen standing absoloutely still

2:The animation kinda went by too fast, making it somewhat hard to follow

3:The music is always playing, just, always --- The reason this is a problem is that it is used when it would be better to just use sound to set the tone

4:And also the sound design is pretty eh

And now some solutions to those problems:

1:Add some idle animations

2:Slow things down a bit, give the viewer time to process what just happened

3:Don't always use music, sometimes it would be a better idea to use some ambient background sounds (wind, snow blowing, etc)

4:Add some more detail to the sounds, and don't have it that loud when a book hits somebody's face

Now, I still enjoyed it.     I really do like this series, but it aint perfect.

If you see the credits i write the story, animate and edit the video all by myself. I even do some building and rigs. And also, making videos is not my first priority. 

So it would be nearly impossible for me to make it perfect, or i'll had to upload a video every three months or so. 

Thanks a lot for the criticism tho :) 

Edited by OrdilloTv