"Warrior" - 30 sec Animation Test

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Well hello again, I finally finished this small test animation.

I wanted to try something diferent, to animate a large crowd of characters and apparently it turned out pretty good. I was also testing some lighting, usage of music and most importantly, camera movement by using folders. All this useful knowledge will be implemented in my future projects so yeah, I'm not doing this test just because I feel like doing a small animation (like most people use this subforum for), I'm doing this because I'm genuinely curious as to how these stuffs work. Honestly, I'd call this testing a success so here you go, take a look at it:

So yes, apparently a huge crowd of animated characters is entirely possible in Mine-Imator. Haven't really seen anyone do this before so I dunno...

Spoiler

wtf are you doing, click the upvote buttton damnit

Edited by -StickyMations-

3 minutes ago, CaptainClipy said:

thats pretty sexy

and is that the kung fu panda soundtrack i hear

Yes it is. I was messing around with it to see if I could animate something with it.

Taught me a lot about syncing the animation with the music which is harder than it sounds, but I managed to do it nonetheless, so Yay? 

29 minutes ago, RedAnimator said:

I like it!

Thanks man! 

Just now, CaptainCat017 said:

Better than i first thought it would be. Uhh... How long did this take to export lol?

If by export you mean rendering the thing, it took 7 minutes. However, inside of the project itself is where the lag is. I had to work with only 4 warriors as guide and then add the rest at the end because animating with all those characters at once is literally impossible. 

6 hours ago, DaMustachio said:

You should make this a full anim. by itself already... Keep up the good work!

Well I usually don't do full length animations with stuff that I haven't tested before. I experiment with these short videos and then implement the experience I've gained. 

Also it is kind of really hard to make a dude fight against +40 characters at the same time lol

But thanks anyway!