I implemented Inverse Kinematics in Mine-Imator (GIF) (APRIL FOOLS)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

As far as my 5 days of learning Gamemaker, I managed to implement IK in Mine-Imator (sorta).

Below the button of Hierarchy, theres another button called "Activate IK settings" and up there you'll have implemented IK to your desired limb. Sadly the program seems to crash most of the time when you apply this so make sure you save or you may loose your progress. This is pretty much a very Alpha stage of IK but the great thing is that it DOES work, surprisingly, and when it does, it looks like this:

eueN3rJ.gif

Nonetheless here's the code I managed to make in order to implement this into the Mine-Imator sourcecode, note that there are other assets that need to be added if you want to try this yourself in Gamemaker so please be aware that it will not work, I may share the rest of the assets and the code later on, so take a look as it is so far:

Spoiler

local LINE_RENDER_DEFAULT = 0 
local LINE_RENDER_STRIP = 1 
local LINE_RENDER_LOOP = 2

Plot nmbr: 0034 = Inverse Kinematics

num_lines = 10000
num_vertices = num_lines + 1

line = gh_polyline.create_v2(num_vertices, LINE_RENDER_STRIP)

math.randomseed(10) -- reproductible random numbers...
local k=0
local i=0

for i=0, nverts-1 do, IK, Object: Steve model, Alex model
  k = k + 0.1
  local t = gxlRandom(-2,2)
  local x = math.sin(k*1.1 + t*0.1)
  local y = math.sin(k*0.35 + t*0.1)
  local z = math.cos(k*0.7 + t*0.1)
  gh_polyline.set_vertex_position(line, i, x, y, z, 1) = Left leg, Right leg
  local r = (x+1) * 0.5
  local g = (y+1) * 0.5
  local b = (z+1) * 0.5
  gh_polyline.set_vertex_color(line, i, r, g, b, 1) = Left leg, Right leg
end

function gxlRandom(a, b)
  if (a > b) then
    local c = b
    b = a
    a = c
  end
  local delta = b-a
  return (a + math.random()*delta)
end

I implemented this as an importable option in your projects, that means that you import this as keyframes and you'll have the option to use IK in your chosen project.

Download this here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yjd4u4sq94h7cga/Inverse+Kinematics+(import+this+into+your+project).miframes

Okay thanks, bye

Honestly I got no clue what I'm talking about but hey, I hope you like this

Edited by -StickyMations-

32 minutes ago, Jake_28 said:

buut that makes no sense

What? What are you talking about!?!??!! 

24 minutes ago, SteampunkSkeleton said:

Well played.

Listen man I do not understand this "well played" of yours so if you don't have anything nice to say then Pls say nothing at all. Oi, take your hate somewhere else, man, that's a rude comment 

7 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

You, sir, may one day become a developer....

Continue to develop this. Please. If you can get it working perfectly as a feature, perhaps Nimi or david could stick in the actual MI?

Nah honestly those 2 are not on my level and I do not plan to waste my potential on them so hey, thanks anyway man it's always great to have positive attitudes here on the forums thanks man unlike the dude above who was rude to me

People are so mean these days smh

Just now, -StickyMations- said:

Nah honestly those 2 are not on my level and I do not plan to waste my potential on them so hey, thanks anyway man it's always great to have positive attitudes here on the forums thanks man unlike the dude above who was rude to me

People are so mean these days smh

But seriously, are you going to continue to make this better?

Just now, -StickyMations- said:

Oh wow wow wow hold on right there @Nimi, I know you reacted a Woah in my comment. What, are you scared of me? Yea, that's what I thought. Get my programming skills and then we talk,  n00b

haha. Hopefully now,. Nimi will wanna top you and add full IK into MI! I sure hope Nimi is someone who can't stand to be outdone.

21 hours ago, MicroPon3YT Animations said:

Idk if this is april fools or not
but I gotta say that you should be in the developers of M-I to implement this IK system

Well, since April Fools is over I gotta say... 

...no. It's an animation, the arrows are made with cylinders and cones. The IK effect is just me moving the leg as the position of the character changes. It's an illusion, sorry lol

(if you actually download the keyframes, you'll see how it's done) 

Edited by -StickyMations-

On 4/2/2018 at 5:53 PM, -StickyMations- said:

...no. It's an animation, the arrows are made with cylinders and cones. The IK effect is just me moving the leg as the position of the character changes. It's an illusion, sorry lol

It looks so real doe good job dude

On 4/2/2018 at 5:53 AM, -StickyMations- said:

Yeah I just noticed there isn't a mouse. xD