Modelbench: Community Build

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 minute ago, exyxuz said:

where is the download link

This was an april fool's joke, sorry! Unfortunately I don't think Modelbench source code is available to download, so we may not get an actual community build for it in quite a while.

56 minutes ago, Rollo said:

This was an april fool's joke, sorry! Unfortunately I don't think Modelbench source code is available to download, so we may not get an actual community build for it in quite a while.

I don't have any current plans to release the Modelbench source code. ?

7 minutes ago, Nimi said:

I don't have any current plans to release the Modelbench source code. ?

Ah, can't say I'm surprised. But you did give us Modelbench in the first place, which is an obvious step-up from modding. So I guess there isn't a real need for a community build lol.

2 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Ah, can't say I'm surprised. But you did give us Modelbench in the first place, which is an obvious step-up from modding. So I guess there isn't a real need for a community build lol.

Well mainly because;

1.) I'm protective of the code write.

2.) The source code is a mess, not organized very well, and uses a variety of coding styles and naming conventions.(Being that it was made in a rush to be used for 1.1.0's models, and used 1.0.6's coding format, but slowly changed into 1.1.0's cleaner coding format, though older code hasn't changed.)

3.) There's no real reason to have a community version, since there's not much someone who's not an official developer can to do add new features since features tied to models(Why shapes are UV'd the way they are, color settings, what shapes you can use, ect.) must also be supported by Mine-imator, or else they'd be unreadable and useless.(Hence why I have the "For Mine-imator 1.x.x" text in the "About" panel.)