Message added by Nimi

Modelbench is out of beta, check out the latest version! https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/79256-modelbench

Just now, Nimi said:

Modelbench isn't for working with Mine-imator rigs, it's only for working with Mine-imator models.

I guess I have to pass the download. I have so many rigs that I use every time and if it doesn't work ? 

Help, I just made a dolphin rig in mine imator and just finished it today, but the Problem is I can’t save the model unless I add a “unique name” into one of my objects but how am I suppose to know how?! I check all the boxes and fixed the problem but it still won’t let me save! Wary is this even a feature?! Pls help I can’t remove it 

1 minute ago, PikaGamerPro said:

Help, I just made a dolphin rig in mine imator and just finished it today, but the Problem is I can’t save the model unless I add a “unique name” into one of my objects but how am I suppose to know how?! I check all the boxes and fixed the problem but it still won’t let me save! Wary is this even a feature?! Pls help I can’t remove it 

That's a bug that'll be fixed in the next update. It's also part of Modelbench because it's required for Mine-imator models to have all of their parts to have unique names for model swapping in Mine-imator.(Mine-imator will reject loading models that have parts with identical names.)

38 minutes ago, Nimi said:

That's a bug that'll be fixed in the next update. It's also part of Modelbench because it's required for Mine-imator models to have all of their parts to have unique names for model swapping in Mine-imator.(Mine-imator will reject loading models that have parts with identical names.)

So what can I do other than letting go of my unsaved project? 

Just now, PikaGamerPro said:

So what can I do other than letting go of my unsaved project? 

All you can do is undo enough times to find any moments where you deleted parts that could have potential duplicate names as parts from the final result.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:01 AM, Nimi said:

Known/Fixed bugs

• Duplicate part names not being checked correctly and not being able to save. (Fixed in Beta 0.4)

I am still having problems with this bug.

Dropbox link to picture. Caption: "All parts have unique names, but I am still unable to save!" https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxply8dh6qjlbuy/parts have unique names.PNG

Edited by MINEWORLDMARIO
replaced code with link

On 3/26/2018 at 6:01 AM, Nimi said:

LogoBeta_.png

Download Beta 0.4.2

Hello, animators! We are very happy to announce that the first beta release of Modelbench is now up and available for download!

Modelbench is a free 3D modeling program that lets you create models you can then import and use inside of your Mine-imator projects. Easy modeling and texturing tools, as well as full support for Mine-imator's animation features – like wind or bending – allow anyone to create anything they want, without hassle.

Screenshots

Reveal hidden contents

e86daa05a851d01a5ae9c65c5a1241fa.png

a661ef1dad5b65dc6f8eec0d1388eec9.png

a25c272c44a5f11b4d65ffccefa48220.png

How to install

Download the archive containing the program files, and unpack it into the folder of your choice. Run Modelbench.exe to launch the program. Make sure to run Modelbench next to the "Data" folder it comes with, or else it won't launch correctly. 

Changelog

Hide contents

Version Beta 0.4.2, 2018.4.20, changes:

• Fixed textures in drop down menus grow in size when their texture scale is larger than 1.
  • Fixed a crash when typing characters unacceptable characters into input boxes.
  • Fixed a crash when attempting to load model with a part with bending on one axis with a custom angle.
  • Fixed Y & Z pivot centering not working properly.
  • Bending is no longer saved in model when no axes are enabled.
  • Fixed panels being able to be edited when the startup window is present.
  • Fixed panel resize visual being visible when it can't be used.
  • Fixed axes of the same property(Position, rotation, ect.) are grouped together in undo/redo.
  • Fixed 'Remove' option for recent models not appearing correctly.

Version Beta 0.4.1, 2018.4.17, changes:

• Fixed scrollbars in drop down lists taking up too much room.
  • Fixed drop down lists staying focused in interface once done using them.
  • Fixed a crash when attempting to add parts or import models.
  • Fixed a crash when typing letters in the 'Offset' and 'Size' settings in bending settings.

Version Beta 0.4, 2018.4.16, changes:

• Renamed 'Size' to 'UV' and the settings to 'Width', 'Length', & 'Height'.
  • Moved the 'Removed' button in the hierarchy objects to the bottom of the list.
  • Made the viewport grid bigger.
  • Added a duplicate button at the bottom of the hierarchy list.
  • Added centering buttons for pivot offset axes.
  • Added snapping and resetting for bend offset.
  • Added multi-axis bend options:
    • Bend size
    • Custom direction, inverting, and bend angles for all axes
  • Added 'visible' option in object material settings.
  • Added texture scaling to support use with HD textures.
  • Added 'Z is up' interface setting, off by default.
  • Added graphical option to make bending pinch or not for default bend size.
  • Added custom wind speed and wind strength in graphics settings.
  • Fixed an issue when checking for duplicate part names.
  • Fixed groups jumping downwards really fast really quickly when initially opening a group above it.
  • Fixed typo in interface settings.
  • Fixed an issue with viewport arrows and rotation wheels not working properly.

Version Beta 0.3.1, 2018.3.31, changes:

• Added visual for showing a parent's rotation point.
  • Added French translation.
  • Removed automatic undoing and redoing when holding CTRL+Z or CTRL+Y.
  • Fixed a bug where the program would crash upon added a part to a shape.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented models from saving.
  • Fixed shape rotation being doubled in the viewport.
  • Fixed color pickers staying open when their component's panel closes.
  • Language file now contains all text in the program.
  • View port selection and outline is now affected by wind.
  • Duplicating objects can now be undone/redone.
  • Fixed a crash when the width or height of a 3D plane is 0.
  • Fixed copying and pasting values with shape size and pivot offset.
  • Models are now mapped correctly in the view port.
  • UV editor now visualizes textures correctly.

Known/Fixed bugs 

of Create Event
for object app:

Error defining an external function.
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_startup_globals (line 280)
called from - gml_Script_model_create_init (line 2)
called from - gml_Object_app_Create_0 (line 2)

this comes up every time I try to open it how do i fix this ?

Reveal hidden contents
  • Hierarchy sorting is sometimes offset, though reattempting to put your objects in the desired hierarchy slot works.
  • 3D surfaces don't render correctly when using HD textures. (Awaiting fix in Mine-imator.)

• Custom accent popup does't close when the settings panel closes. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Waving shapes are not outlined correctly and not able to be selected as expected when waving outside of outline. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Certain shapes have their rotation values doubled in the model view. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Adding a part while having a shape selected crashes Modelbench. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Duplicating objects cannot be undone with undo/redo. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Modelbench crashes when the UV width or height of a 3D surface is 0. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Attempting to undo creating a new shape crashes Modelbench. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Copying and pasting values doesn't work for certain value groups (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)
  • Non-square texture resolutions result in shapes not being visually mapped correctly. (Fixed in Beta 0.3.1)

• Duplicate part names not being checked correctly and not being able to save. (Fixed in Beta 0.4)
  • Viewport arrows and rotation wheels not working properly when dragged. (Fixed in Beta 0.4)
  • Groups jumping downwards really fast really quickly when initially opening a group above it. (Fixed in Beta 0.4)

• Scrollbars in drop down lists take up too much room. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.1)
  • Drop down lists sometimes stay focused in interface once done using them. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.1)
  • Modelbench crashes when importing models or adding parts in 0.4. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.1)

• Textures in drop down menus grow in size when their texture scale is larger than 1. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • Modelbench crashes when typing characters unacceptable characters into input boxes. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • Modelbench crashes when attempting to load model with a part with bending on one axis with a custom angle. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • Y & Z pivot centering don't work properly. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • Bending is saved in model despite no axes being enabled. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • Panels can be edited when the startup window is present. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • Panel resize visual is visible when it can't be used. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • Axes of the same property(Position, rotation, ect.) are grouped together in undo/redo. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)
  • 'Remove' option for recent models not appearing correctly. (Fixed in Beta 0.4.2)

Want to donate?