Model — The Monster of the Ocean Depths

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

9Lx7DFj.png

Hey friends! You might remember that a few months ago, I posted a wallpaper featuring one of the 4 mobs that Mojang asked the Minecraft community to pick as the next in-game creature during Minecon Earth. If you haven't seen it, you can go check it out right here:

And now that the embargo on models has been lifted, you are now free to download the model and use it in your very own creations!

The model is based on the sketch showcased by Mojang during the pool. The texture is my own interpretation of said sketch, and is likely not what Mojang would've intended had the mob been implemented into the game. Feel free to modify the texture to give the creature your own twist if it fits your needs better!

cSvhWEu.png

18aCsOk.png

Credit is not required, but please don't claim the model as your own creation.

How to use

Make sure you own Mine-imator 1.1.0 or later, as model support was introduced in this version. The model is NOT compatible with the Community Build, and I don't plan on making a rig version for compatibility with such versions.

In your project, open the workbench and select the "Model" option as your object type. Then, just load the model and texture in their respective fields, and create it!

To animate the mouth, rotate the two sets of jaws appropriately. To extend the creature's tentacle, change its Y scale property in your timeline.

Edited by Voxy

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

I always thought it would be a very dark blue(not like a squid like blue). But i really like your texture!

Thanks! I was going for something more similar to a squid at first but then, after some research, it turns out those creatures tend to be more coppery in color. :D 

Just now, Emaniplex said:

It's glorious. What makes the lighting in that showcase so pleasing??

Sharp and light shadows with a blue tint, re-scaling to hide the anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion artifacts, and some brightness and vibrance boost to make it just perfect. :3 

If your having problems with the textures, i found that Importing the textures as a skin, then selecting the skin as the main texture is the way to fix it..
I also have trouble with the mouth, its kinda hard to make it go out directly to the corners.