Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello, guys! I made this wallpaper,that you can use for whatever thing. I can make different versions,comment if you want your skin and some modifications!

Lmra9Y5.png

I hope you guys like it. I edited it in Photoshop.

Made this all by myself, except the 2 posters and the Lens flare.

Time taken: 3 days

Hey, that's pretty good.     (also HL2 ftw)

And I really like the attention to detail and colorful lighting, making it just pleasing to look at.

But there are a few things I'd like to criticize so next time you can make it better:

The shadows are a bit too blurry, and results in a weird effect, the center of that lens flare should be brighter, and there should be some scenery outside the window.

Overall, I like it.

Just now, EnderSculptor said:

Hey, that's pretty good.     (also HL2 ftw)

And I really like the attention to detail and colorful lighting, making it just pleasing to look at.

But there are a few things I'd like to criticize so next time you can make it better:

The shadows are a bit too blurry, and results in a weird effect, the center of that lens flare should be brighter, and there should be some scenery outside the window.

Overall, I like it.

Okay,thanks. The shadow blur is actually intended,beacause IRL,more far the shadow is,more it is blurry.

16 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

As said lighting needs work, that lens flare doesn't have any reason to be there and I didn't even realize it was a lens flare until you pointed it out.

Also the flower pot by the window is floating?

The lightning is actually logic,the lens flare is casted by the moon and the flower pot is not floating,just some sort of illusion.

13 hours ago, MasterArcher12 said:

Why is a random lens flare in the middle of nowhere

It's the moon.

For the lighting,it's not my fault,i did not find good ways to make lightning. The first versions of this wallpaper were in dawn instead of midnight,and it had a sunflare, not that much detail and i tried to make some windows light,but it did not work.

On 3/20/2018 at 4:17 PM, Jadturentale said:

The lightning is actually logic,the lens flare is casted by the moon and the flower pot is not floating,just some sort of illusion.

It's the moon.

For the lighting,it's not my fault,i did not find good ways to make lightning. The first versions of this wallpaper were in dawn instead of midnight,and it had a sunflare, not that much detail and i tried to make some windows light,but it did not work.

The moon isn't anywhere bright enough to cause a lens flare on a camera.

On 3/20/2018 at 5:17 PM, Jadturentale said:

It's the moon.

I see, you're trying to cover up the cons that this wallpaper has with excuses because you want to believe it's perfect. Face it: nothing's perfect, and this needs some work. While it's far ahead of bad, it still needs a little work.

5 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

You done messed up, I can clearly see the pixel from the glass behind the pot underneath where the pot should be.

Like, the wallpaper isn't bad, you're just making a bunch of bad excuses to why it has some imperfections.

I swear,i did not make it fly.

6 hours ago, Sticknub said:

I see, you're trying to cover up the cons that this wallpaper has with excuses because you want to believe it's perfect. Face it: nothing's perfect, and this needs some work. While it's far ahead of bad, it still needs a little work.

I know nothing's perfect. But these are not excuses. The lens is for the moon,the pot is not flying and the lightning is not bad,it's Mine imator's lightning,i tried the best to make it the best.

On 3/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, Jadturentale said:

I swear,i did not make it fly.

I know nothing's perfect. But these are not excuses. The lens is for the moon,the pot is not flying and the lightning is not bad,it's Mine imator's lightning,i tried the best to make it the best.

Oh come on. You are not perfect, i am not perfect, no one here is perfect. But there is nothing good on blaming your imperfections on everything else. You are learning it's not Mineimator's fault that you didn't do the best lighting (look at some other wallpapers people can do truly amazing things with Mineimator), the lens flare just doesn't look good (And the light outside isn't even white so the lens flare also shouldn't be white) and the pot is flying because you can see part of glass at the bottom. If you actually admit that this wallpaper wasn't perfect and look at the parts you could do better you will improve much faster than if you just say everything is perfect. The wallpaper isn't even that bad for someone new.

48 minutes ago, NotAn... said:

Oh come on. You are not perfect, i am not perfect, no one here is perfect. But there is nothing good on blaming your imperfections on everything else. You are learning it's not Mineimator's fault that you didn't do the best lighting (look at some other wallpapers people can do truly amazing things with Mineimator), the lens flare just doesn't look good (And the light outside isn't even white so the lens flare also shouldn't be white) and the pot is flying because you can see part of glass at the bottom. If you actually admit that this wallpaper wasn't perfect and look at the parts you could do better you will improve much faster than if you just say everything is perfect. The wallpaper isn't even that bad for someone new.

Yes,but the pot is NOT flying. And the lightning,i tried to make it the best as possible to make it not look wierd and not look like something that looks like for example a light from nowhere. The lens flare is just the moon.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, Jadturentale said:

Yes,but the pot is NOT flying. And the lightning,i tried to make it the best as possible to make it not look wierd and not look like something that looks like for example a light from nowhere. The lens flare is just the moon.

In reality, the moon doesn't give off a 'lensflare'. We know, you did a good job. But there's no need to argue with people that are saying you need improvements. Yes, it's good, but it's not pushed to the limits of Mine-Imator. In other words, it's not the best that it COULD be, but it's still good. You just need practice, because, you're new. I know you're going places, and in a few months, you're going to improve a little.

*Though even then, you're still gonna need like, 2 yeas worth of practice before you can do nearly godly stuff*

Edited by Sticknub