JokiBlue [Rig Showcase]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Here's some criticism:

1. Facial rig. I see the slight holes around the mouth and around the eyes and they're not good looking.

2. Blue eyebrows are looking weird, but I guess it's because of the skin with blue hair.

3. Make the skin color solid. I see somewhere darker pixels, on the corners of the front of the head.

4. Back to mouth, make it possible to be wider. Now that proportion of the mouth is more like "o", than a "_".

5. You can extrude also these two hanging parts on the body (I forgot the name), make them both straight. You can rotate them later, so it would be similiar to that what you have on the skin itself.

On the other side, nicely extruded hair. 6.5/10 (4/10 face, 9/10 extrusions).

18 hours ago, OrdilloTv said:

noice

Thank you!

18 hours ago, jakubg1 said:

Here's some criticism:

1. Facial rig. I see the slight holes around the mouth and around the eyes and they're not good looking.

2. Blue eyebrows are looking weird, but I guess it's because of the skin with blue hair.

3. Make the skin color solid. I see somewhere darker pixels, on the corners of the front of the head.

4. Back to mouth, make it possible to be wider. Now that proportion of the mouth is more like "o", than a "_".

5. You can extrude also these two hanging parts on the body (I forgot the name), make them both straight. You can rotate them later, so it would be similiar to that what you have on the skin itself.

On the other side, nicely extruded hair. 6.5/10 (4/10 face, 9/10 extrusions).

1. I think the hole on the mouth is a positioning mistake when I made the expression (normally isn't there), the eyes though, it's very hard to see what you're meaning.
(Also FYI when I was making the eyes and mouth I didn't even realise the grid snap existed, so maybe that's why you're seeing holes).

2. Yes, I do agree the blue eyebrows do look at tad weird but it’s the whole design of my character.

3. I'll make sure to remove the shading for my next rig.

4. When I was building the mouth I did want it to be wider, but I didn’t have the accuracy and build knowledge to make it not bump into the eyes, so I made it small enough, so it didn’t. I’ll make sure to make it bigger in the next version.

5. I'm guessing by “two hanging parts on the body” you mean the hoodie strings. Well I was going to extrude them, but I knew it would become a hassle every time I needed to bend the body and I knew I wasn’t advanced enough in rigging for it to work so I didn’t make them.

Just wanted to thank you for all that feedback. Very useful for a beginner like me.