Can't figure out how to generate walking animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hello,

I have created multiple keyframes, following the instructions I should be able to select the first one, and click on the generate walking animation button. However, the button is still grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

As you can see, the create walking animation button is grayed out and not working

This happens on the newest version of Mine-imator (1.1.2). However, when I try it using an older version of Mine-imator (1.0.6) it's working as expected.

TL;DR How do I make the generate walking animation button work on Mine-imator 1.1.2?

Edited by Dragonthunder

12 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Dragonthunder said:

Sadly, That didn't work too.

However when I try it in the "Mine-imator 1.1.0 PRE-RELEASE 3" it's working fine. Could this be a bug in the 1.1.2 release? And if so, any way to work around it?

It is working fine for me, it might be with the missing .keyframe file

Restart Mine-imator, and if it still doesnt work. Try reinstalling or downloading Mine-imator again
And if it still doesnt work, you gotta go report the bug.

as hard as it is to make a walk cycle, you gotta animate it manually like Pigeon said. That's the only way to make a good walk cycle
Hope it helps

Hmmm, I think it's because of this bug. I reinstalled Mine-imator, and the generate walking animation button was working in an new project. Then I tried opening the project I was working on, and the button didn't work anymore. I deleted every custom resource pack, restarted the application, and the button was working again. Then I tried adding a resource pack back again, and the button didn't work again.

TL;DR Using custom resource packs disables the generate walking animation button

if you used something professional like Maya or Blender you would have to make the walk and run cycles yourself, the only way you could do something like that is if you made your own and saved it, I agree with @Patrick you will get experience and better results, the default walk and run cycles for mineimator are pretty crappy