Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Random Poll for the Intermission:  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite staff member?

• david
    • Nimi
    • Voxy
    • Aronanners
    • Emunator
    • Goose
    • TOO MANY BABES FOR ONE MAN TO CHOOSE!!!!!

I would like to ask about features that may or may not be included in the newest version of Mine-imator:

1. Will water be given a visual effect underwater like in the game?

2. Would particle effect creators that dispense blocks (the cake one for example) float on the surface of waters if we wanted them to?

3. What about proper water wave effects (instead of the wind parented effect)?

4. Toggle mobs that have baby forms into their baby forms (*cough cough* baby turtles *cough cough*)

5. How about specifying builds to not allow water to appear inside?

6. Fishing Rod Bobbers

7. Such as the water wave effects, kelp waving ONLY while in the water

Q/A:

1. The underwater visual effect would be toggle-able and would have the option to increase or decrease the fog effect.

2. I suppose this feature would require a physics improvement but nonetheless is still possible.

3. You can increase or decrease the strength of the waves and maybe even cause spikes in the water in certain areas to create tsunamis and such (large waves)

4. You have to admit it's cute. Also it's difficult and annoying to have to resize mobs to make them look like baby versions.

5. If a boat goes slightly underwater, the whole boat is clipped with water. And the effect would be good for large ships that have lower areas in the boat that go deep under the water.

6. Nuff said.

7. Like making leaves wave in the wind or a flag wave in the wind, kelp in the water should be waving as it does in the snapshots. Maybe just simplify this feature and default it to what the game already has with the kelp being animated to sway in its natural form.

None of these features are demands and are only suggestions that I'm curious if are possibilities to implement or are going to be implemented already.

Edited by GryphonKingBros

Currently 1.1.3 is in hiatus until Minecraft 1.13 is released, so not all features are final in the update.(All there is right now is just the new bending.) Though I have considered doing special things with water in 1.1.3, however they do prove to be a challenge to track what positions in the world are inside water blocks. So for now I'll just say not to hold your breath on specific underwater features and effects coming to Mine-imator.(Though I do have something planned for the surface of water in Mine-imator 1.2, so look out for that. :ph34r:)

About the baby versions of mobs; I can't guarantee it, but I'll consider it since most baby versions of mobs follow a similar pattern.(Half the size of the mob and make the head slightly bigger.)

If wind on kelp looks good on it, we'll add wind to it by default. But if it looks weird with the already existing waving texture it has with Mine-imator's wind, we might pass.

28 minutes ago, Nimi said:

Currently 1.1.3 is in hiatus until Minecraft 1.13 is released, so not all features are final in the update.(All there is right now is just the new bending.) Though I have considered doing special things with water in 1.1.3, however they do prove to be a challenge to track what positions in the world are inside water blocks. So for now I'll just say not to hold your breath on specific underwater features and effects coming to Mine-imator.(Though I do have something planned for the surface of water in Mine-imator 1.2, so look out for that. :ph34r:)

About the baby versions of mobs; I can't guarantee it, but I'll consider it since most baby versions of mobs follow a similar pattern.(Half the size of the mob and make the head slightly bigger.)

If wind on kelp looks good on it, we'll add wind to it by default. But if it looks weird with the already existing waving texture it has with Mine-imator's wind, we might pass.

whoa whoa whoa...are you saying that in MI blocks like stairs and slabs will still have that stupid bubble underwater?

"though I have considered doing special things with water in 1.1.3, however they do prove to be a challenge to track what positions in the world are inside water blocks"

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

whoa whoa whoa...are you saying that in MI blocks like stairs and slabs will still have that stupid bubble underwater?

"though I have considered doing special things with water in 1.1.3, however they do prove to be a challenge to track what positions in the world are inside water blocks"

No, I'm sure that'll be fixed when generating the scene from the world importer or a schematic. I meant visual effects like underwater fog, moving particles underwater upwards, and other graphical effects, which require looking up a certain coordinate in the world to see if it is in water.

Just now, Nimi said:

No, I'm sure that'll be fixed when generating the scene from the world importer or a schematic. I meant visual effects like underwater fog, moving particles underwater upwards, and other graphical effects, which require looking up a certain coordinate in the world to see if it is in water.

Oh phew...you scared me for a minute there xD. I suggested a new type of "wind" for underwater plants to david. Like banners and crops have a different wind that leaves. Underwater plants should have a wavy effect. 

20 minutes ago, Nimi said:

why there is no multi wind setting
like (wind one added for the tall grass ,flower and leaves | wind two added for water | wind three added for every thing under the water)

but I can custom that setting by add a new wind delete a wind that missed on me add with water wind another type of blocks like sponge or that shapes inside mine-imator

or a mob and like that