There's something wrong with the render in modern versions (pics)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I notice it in leaves mostly. It doesn't properly render what's behind the leaves and at certain angles it creates some really ugly transparencies that show like gaps and you see the sky and what's behind it in a glitched way. See pics:

mineimator_bug.jpg

As you can see, disabling "texture filtering" fixes it, but it's not really a fix, because without texture filtering animations look really bad, specially distant objects which look too sharp.

I wonder what is causing this if in older versions like 1.0.6 it worked just fine with texture filtering enabled. I hope you can fix whatever has caused modern versions to do this.

Another pic, from this angle you can see it even better:

mineimator_bug2.png

PS: changing "Render depth" to any value doesn't fix it.

Edited by moniker

On 3/4/2018 at 5:08 PM, moniker said:

How is a visual anomaly that makes animations look ugly that was not happening in a previous version "normal".

Its never been gone. Its there for some schematics in some versions, and for others in other versions. You need to start enabling Backfaces. that will help.

27 minutes ago, Slime said:

Its never been gone. Its there for some schematics in some versions, and for others in other versions. You need to start enabling Backfaces. that will help.

In 1.0.6 that glitch is not present in any schematic i've ever loaded. Enabling backfaces specially on large scenario schematics unfortunately create odd looking things, the leaves don't look ok, the problem is not fixed, in fact, backfaces make it worse.

Edited by moniker