Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Here's an animation i made from my supernatural collaboration entry. While making the collab, a story pop out of my mind. I thought it's worth giving it a shot. I used all the tips and advice everyone had given me from my past animations. Hopefully you guys would like it, i really enjoyed making it for the past 2 weeks. I'll be expecting you guys to give out some more tips and advice like last time, it really helped me a lot.

Apology and excuses for the lack of scenery, my potato laptop has no graphics card and It lags when i added a big scenery.

I thought the story was very well done. The camera movements need work. Don't use ease in and out for most of your camera movements. For example at 0:20 in the video, you moved the camera towards the sword. I would recommend using the instant key frame and cutting where you can see the whole sword already. Another thing is fades. At 1:30, there is a lot of fading in and out in between camera shots. That made me very confused on what was happening and i had the re-watch it over again. Overall?  7/10

You have earned an upvote. Have a good day

Edited by alfadog

3 hours ago, OrdilloTv said:

Nice! specially because this video have voicovers

those are pretty rare on Mine-imator animations 

Thank you, and yes. I noticed that most creations of animators here don't have voice overs. I want to be different and have a bit of originality so that people won't compare me to anyone or tell me i was copying someone. Thank you for the compliment, i appreciate it ^^

2 hours ago, alfadog said:

I thought the story was very well done. The camera movements need work. Don't use ease in and out for most of your camera movements. For example at 0:20 in the video, you moved the camera towards the sword. I would recommend using the instant key frame and cutting where you can see the whole sword already. Another thing is fades. At 1:30, there is a lot of fading in and out in between camera shots. That made me very confused on what was happening and i had the re-watch it over again. Overall?  7/10

You have earned an upvote. Have a good day

Thank you for the thought, you made me happy for saying that, making stories is one thing I'm good at.
I don't have much experience in fighting animation but your advice will surely improve my work, will use it for my future projects. Thank you for the useful info.

I accept your honest rate, Thank you very much. Have a good day to you too.

1 hour ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

flawed execution, lackluster voice acting, and a few cliches here and there
but the ambition and story make up for it

Your comment really gives me the boost up to improve. An honest criticism is what i really needed to become a better animator. I appreciate your comment.

Thank you for the advice and tips. Your help will not be in vain. Have a nice day to all.

The story is pretty good in my opinion, I really like the feel to it, personally. I agree with Alfadog about the movements, but I am positive you will improve :). The voice acting, in my opinion, needs some work, but overall it's decent. I give this a 6.5/10 :) plus an upvote.

This is really good, honestly! I like how you spent a lot of time and effort on this, you really put forth the work, and it was worth it. But, here's a few suggestions to help you improve a little, (Not that I'm a good animator, who am I to speak?) Maybe add more transitions to the motion movements, just to add some naturality to it. Also, the lighting could be improved a bit, just by maybe changing the ambient color to light blue or yellow. The lip synchronizing is okay, even though it's a little bit off, and the maybe practice your voice acting a bit. It's pretty good though,  I like it. Another thing is to make/improve your walk-cycle, because it kinda looks like she's sliding her feet unrealistically. Maybe study how people walk and move in real life. Oh, and here's one last tip: Maybe add anticipation to the throwing animation, because it kind of just looks like the sword is floating out of her hand when she throws it. Maybe it was supposed to be like that, I don't know, but; eh. Anyways, this was pretty good, keep up the decent-and-a-half work! :D

By the way, I rate it: 7.2./10.0

Edited by Sticknub
typos. Stupid. Typos!

17 hours ago, Shadow said:

The story is pretty good in my opinion, I really like the feel to it, personally. I agree with Alfadog about the movements, but I am positive you will improve :). The voice acting, in my opinion, needs some work, but overall it's decent. I give this a 6.5/10 :) plus an upvote.

I'm glad you liked it xD. hmm..  I see, agreeing with someone meant i had to improve in that particularly. I'll keep that in mind.

11 hours ago, hiendiep55 said:

This is well-done animation you got here

The only problem is lip-sync and movement

You deseve a better rep now

You really mean it? thank you!  Your comment gives me confidence to become a better animator.

10 hours ago, Foxtrot0806 said:

Not bad! The voice acting is... uhh... not quite there yet, but. Good Job!

Ahaha Ikr, i really should've paid attention to English classes more. Tho, thank you :D

5 hours ago, Sticknub said:

This is really good, honestly! I like how you spent a lot of time and effort on this, you really put forth the work, and it was worth it. But, here's a few suggestions to help you improve a little, (Not that I'm a good animator, who am I to speak?) Maybe add more transitions to the motion movements, just to add some naturality to it. Also, the lighting could be improved a bit, just by maybe changing the ambient color to light blue or yellow. The lip synchronizing is okay, even though it's a little bit off, and the maybe practice your voice acting a bit. It's pretty good though,  I like it. Another thing is to make/improve your walk-cycle, because it kinda looks like she's sliding her feet unrealistically. Maybe study how people walk and move in real life. Oh, and here's one last tip: Maybe add anticipation to the throwing animation, because it kind of just looks like the sword is floating out of her hand when she throws it. Maybe it was supposed to be like that, I don't know, but; eh. Anyways, this was pretty good, keep up the decent-and-a-half work! :D

By the way, I rate it: 7.2./10.0

Your words are too kind. Please, don't held back on giving me advice, I'll accept it all. I don't care whether you're a good animator or not. But the truth that you're helping a fellow animator is what matters. Animators who knows their weaknesses are bound to improve, you'll become a great animator with practice and time. You're tips are helpful, I'll definitely use them for my future projects. xD

It's really good, but the voiceover could have been better in places? And I don't really know what happened next? If you made a series out of this, it would probably become one of my favorites. How did you get those weapons to appear then, with that magic circle? When they seperated, that was a good scene. I am an animator and that looks like hardcore effects!

Overall, very good, and you have earned an upvote and should get more views and subs.