Mineimator does not save further progress in a long animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Im making a very long animation of over 20 minutes, and for some reason, it's not saving any further keyframes. I've wasted my time working on anything past the around timeline 32000. I actually tried again, and once again, wasted my time, it's not saving any fruther progress... I have hit some sort of limit. Maybe keyframe amount limit, or maybe timeline amount limit, but it's not saving any further progress.

Something I noticed is, that the file had a size of 2.492 KB, and when I opened it and saw the last missing parts, and saved it again, it went back to 2.441 KB..

Im going to need to save everything I need and continue it in a different new project for a lack of a better solution.

Btw, the program interface is still poor at dealing with long timelines, mostly because you can't smoothly scroll backwards and forwards on long timelines since the scrolling knob becomes tiny and you have to constantly zoom in and out. Please work on this. Look at how Sony Vegas allows you smoothly scroll long timelines for instance.

Edited by moniker

1 hour ago, Nimi said:

Making an animation over 20 minutes in one single project isn't all that efficient, next time try splitting it up into different scenes.

It is if the program managed resources accordingly. If you need to go back and forth between different scenarios etc it's better to have it all on the same timeline.