mod mobs import

munny
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Colonel Muffin said:

You can't import models from anywhere. You'll have to rig it yourself or find someone who has.

Wrong. I imported a JSON model from McCrayfish’s device mod and it worked fine. The laptop and the laptop pieces.

Edited by Jake_28

12 hours ago, Jake_28 said:

Wrong. I imported a JSON model from McCrayfish’s device mod and it worked fine. The laptop and the laptop pieces.

You can import Json models (which was just added last update) because they're not rigged. He wants functional moving parts from what I understand, which can't be done with Mine-imator unless someone made them by hand.

45 minutes ago, Colonel Muffin said:

You can import Json models (which was just added last update) because they're not rigged. He wants functional moving parts from what I understand, which can't be done with Mine-imator unless someone made them by hand.

Oh ok.

13 hours ago, munny said:

OK, but how minecraft know the shape of the mobs,i think if minecraft know the shape so there is a thing we could do to make mine imator know the shape of the mobs

If you can find the .json file for the mob you can import it. without moving parts

On 2/21/2018 at 7:41 PM, munny said:

I want to import a models that are for mod but how to do it i can't find models in the mod when extract it i just found texture

Well, mods are usually organized pretty well, so if there's a mob you want to import, you'll be able to find it's texture fairly easily.

If the mob has a similar shape to an existing mob, then all you need to do is slap the texture on the mob. If it's read differently than intended, find the arms, legs, head, body, stuff like that, and organize it like a zombie (or whatever mob's shape is similar).

The complicated part is if it's a custom shape, then, you can either decide to not use it, or you could find similar body parts that you could use to create a custom body.

If the mobs have extruding parts, you can put them on an item sheet, and space them correctly.

Sorry, bit late for this one.

-RandomPr0file

On 2/24/2018 at 5:25 PM, RandomPr0file said:

Well, mods are usually organized pretty well, so if there's a mob you want to import, you'll be able to find it's texture fairly easily.

If the mob has a similar shape to an existing mob, then all you need to do is slap the texture on the mob. If it's read differently than intended, find the arms, legs, head, body, stuff like that, and organize it like a zombie (or whatever mob's shape is similar).

The complicated part is if it's a custom shape, then, you can either decide to not use it, or you could find similar body parts that you could use to create a custom body.

If the mobs have extruding parts, you can put them on an item sheet, and space them correctly.

Sorry, bit late for this one.

-RandomPr0file

your answers always the best, i use this idea in most of the think and the other things i rig them easy with block bench but you helped me in the hard things