Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Instead of just making rigs,blocky characters and animating by yourself,why don't you add some FBX,other animations and Source engine MDL model importing? I want to make some kind of good animation with that,since i'm kinda bad to animate,i'm good only with facial expressions,and walking/running animations.

the framework and engine m-i is built off of simply isn't fit to use fbx or mdl models, considering it doesn't actually support geometry data
mocap would be really cool though

Edited by ThatGuyBrian

17 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

I know,but SFM is hard to use. I have SFM,i have a GTX 1050,it runs well.. But it crashes too much and it is too hard to use.

Like,i want to port Endorphin files to Mine-imator. I want to make sort of Physics + Mocap.

Physics and mocap is impossible to implement on MI's framework.

9 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

Well it IS possible,it is just hard to do. They even said it on another suggestion i did.

Well, what he really said was "anything is possible." While FBX importing and mocap would be cool, it would be ludicrously difficult to implement, probably including some rewrites of existing parts of the program. GameMaker just isn't made for huge, robust, 3D animation programs.

And Mine-imator is first and foremost a Minecraft animation program. It just wouldn't be worth it to spend all the time and effort to implement FBX importing when it doesn't work with the typical style of everything else.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎17 at 3:51 PM, Foxtrot0806 said:

Mine -Imator... Not "The free easy to use animator." Learn SFM or somethin' if you want to do that kind of stuff.

Yes,Mine imator is easy to use and it's good,but SFM just crashes 99% of the time and is too hard to use.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎17 at 2:04 PM, Colonel Muffin said:

Well, what he really said was "anything is possible." While FBX importing and mocap would be cool, it would be ludicrously difficult to implement, probably including some rewrites of existing parts of the program. GameMaker just isn't made for huge, robust, 3D animation programs.

And Mine-imator is first and foremost a Minecraft animation program. It just wouldn't be worth it to spend all the time and effort to implement FBX importing when it doesn't work with the typical style of everything else.

He did not say "anything is possible",he replied to someone that said that it was impossible "It is possible. Just a bit hard to do".

On 2/21/2018 at 11:40 AM, Jadturentale said:

Yes,Mine imator is easy to use and it's good,but SFM just crashes 99% of the time and is too hard to use.

I don't think SFM crashes that much, for me it only does it every once in a while.     I think it's your PC.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎08 at 12:42 PM, EnderSculptor said:

I don't think SFM crashes that much, for me it only does it every once in a while.     I think it's your PC.

It's not my PC,i have a GTX 1050,it runs in 60 FPS,but SFM crashes when i add just 1 model with like 4 polygons and it just crashes.

4 hours ago, Jadturentale said:

It's not my PC,i have a GTX 1050,it runs in 60 FPS,but SFM crashes when i add just 1 model with like 4 polygons and it just crashes.

It doesn't for me.    It might be incorrect installation, or the rest of your PC.  There's more to a good PC than a graphics card.

10 hours ago, EnderSculptor said:

It doesn't for me.    It might be incorrect installation, or the rest of your PC.  There's more to a good PC than a graphics card.

My PC is not bad,it runs everything in 120 FPS! I have a GTX 1050,Intel Core I7. What's the bad thing? I don't have a bad PC,it even runs the Source engine,the engine that SFM runs.

14 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

My PC is not bad,it runs everything in 120 FPS! I have a GTX 1050,Intel Core I7. What's the bad thing? I don't have a bad PC,it even runs the Source engine,the engine that SFM runs.

I guess I don't really know how to help you.

Sorry.

Just now, EnderSculptor said:

I guess I don't really know how to help you.

Sorry.

It's not my fault,it's Valve's fault. They just want money,instead of good games and software. Back when Valve made Half Life,it was the greatest game ever,the first storytelling game.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:53 AM, Jadturentale said:

It's not my fault,it's Valve's fault. They just want money,instead of good games and software. Back when Valve made Half Life,it was the greatest game ever,the first storytelling game.

That's bullcrap. Valve is actually a really good company. And what money are they getting from SFM? It's free. You must have crappy RAM or a bad installation.

3 hours ago, Foxtrot0806 said:

That's bullcrap. Valve is actually a really good company. And what money are they getting from SFM? It's free. You must have crappy RAM or a bad installation.

No,i do not have bad installation or bad RAM. Valve made artifact,possibly the worst game they have made. And they dont use SFM for money,they use their GAMES for money.

3 hours ago, Foxtrot0806 said:

Plus my PC is strong enough. SFM crashes alot maybe beacause of too many workshop items...