Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Animators' Struggles  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the hardest thing to animate if your trying to make it look good?

• Spiders
    • Guardians (Elder included)
    • The Ender Dragon
    • The Wither
    • Weapons/Tools Bound to Objects or Entities
    • Magma Slimes
  2. 2. What is the most frustrating thing to happen in Mine-imator?

• You animate and forget to check how fast the animation moves.
    • The program lags too much to preview in high quality mode.
    • The program crashes.
    • You forgot to give your animation entities titles and don't know what is what.
    • You complete an animation only to realize that its coincidentally plagiarizing another animation.
  3. 3. How many times do you restart an entire clip/animation before perfection?

• No errors
    • About 1 or 2
    • 5 or more
    • um... 30...
    • I don't even know how many, but its a lot.
  4. 4. What is/are the most important part(s) of an animation?

• Flowing movements; It has to be very pleasing to see things moving.
    • Environment; The background has to look nice to compliment the animation.
    • The Lighting; The viewers need to focus on one thing and that one thing must be lit properly.
    • Particles; Torches must have smoke, water must splash, lava must bubble, Creepers/TNT must have.......
    • No clipping; If even the slightest thing clips, the animation is immediately trash.
  5. 5. Was this survey relevant to you? (Recently helpful?)

• Yaaii!!
    • A little bit
    • I'm not sure
    • Not exactly...
    • Neigh. Horse disapproves.
    • I wasn't paying attention. What'd you say?

I've gotta say, this poll looks like it was made by someone who hasn't animated often.

Question 2: "You animate and forget how fast the animation moves" Well first of all, this problem should never happen, and it definitely shouldn't be the most frustrating thing. It's easily fixed, and you should be replaying the animation every time you make the slightest change. Forgetting how fast it is is just stupid.

And number 4 has a lot of problems. No clipping shouldn't be something that's debated as the most important thing, your animation just shouldn't do that. Like, it's an underlying responsibility and not something you should go out of your way to do. And lighting doesn't just apply to one thing. The entire scene needs to be lit correctly, and emphasize what it should. Particles honestly aren't too important. Unless it's something like fire or a torch. In that case, it's absolutely something you should just do without thinking about it, like the No Clipping thing. Environment should be renamed Scenery because the lighting and the scenery both contribute to the overall environment. Scenery is crucial. There is no good animation without scenery. Period. And finally, flowing movements shouldn't be in this question. Flowing movements is 1) subjective, 2) not usually something you can just focus on as the most important thing. With lots of practice and hard work, it just becomes something you do automatically. No one can go out of their way to focus on making something smooth; they have to put a lot of work into it to perfect it first.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, Colonel Muffin said:

I've gotta say, this poll looks like it was made by someone who hasn't animated often.

Question 2: "You animate and forget how fast the animation moves" Well first of all, this problem should never happen, and it definitely shouldn't be the most frustrating thing. It's easily fixed, and you should be replaying the animation every time you make the slightest change. Forgetting how fast it is is just stupid.

And number 4 has a lot of problems. No clipping shouldn't be something that's debated as the most important thing, your animation just shouldn't do that. Like, it's an underlying responsibility and not something you should go out of your way to do. And lighting doesn't just apply to one thing. The entire scene needs to be lit correctly, and emphasize what it should. Particles honestly aren't too important. Unless it's something like fire or a torch. In that case, it's absolutely something you should just do without thinking about it, like the No Clipping thing. Environment should be renamed Scenery because the lighting and the scenery both contribute to the overall environment. Scenery is crucial. There is no good animation without scenery. Period. And finally, flowing movements shouldn't be in this question. Flowing movements is 1) subjective, 2) not usually something you can just focus on as the most important thing. With lots of practice and hard work, it just becomes something you do automatically. No one can go out of their way to focus on making something smooth; they have to put a lot of work into it to perfect it first.

1. Yes I haven't animated that often; Only last year did I start taking this as a profession rather than a hobby. I do have a decent amount of experience however.

2. First of all "You animate and forget how fast the animation moves" is actually the 2nd most voted answer. And second of all, I some cases yes it is a silly mistake, but I usually will underestimate the stretch between frames and therefore I will end up having them too close together. I do that very often.

3. Some of these answers are basic things that very experienced and very dedicated animators will be focused on and some are just asking "How dedicated are you to perfect detail?"

Regardless, there's no need to rant at me about this. This survey was just for fun ^w^

49 minutes ago, GryphonKingBros said:

1. Yes I haven't animated that often; Only last year did I start taking this as a profession rather than a hobby. I do have a decent amount of experience however.

2. First of all "You animate and forget how fast the animation moves" is actually the 2nd most voted answer. And second of all, I some cases yes it is a silly mistake, but I usually will underestimate the stretch between frames and therefore I will end up having them too close together. I do that very often.

3. Some of these answers are basic things that very experienced and very dedicated animators will be focused on and some are just asking "How dedicated are you to perfect detail?"

Regardless, there's no need to rant at me about this. This survey was just for fun ^w^

Fair enough! Didn't mean to come off as rude or anything, just expressing my opinion. ;)

20 hours ago, RedAnimator said:

(I to, have been defeated.)

"When you hit a wall find ways to go under and over, but never give up."

- Donald Trump

Looking up these inspirational quotes by Donald Trump just makes me cringe...

Edited by GryphonKingBros