Dig Build Live-Esque Rig [Full Fingers and Face]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

DBL Esque Rig!

I really enjoy the look of the rigs used in Dig Build Live and other miscellaneous animations.

I decided to rebuild them to the best of my ability in Mine-Imator!

Unlike my first rig (which was relatively mediocre), this one has many options in terms of finger and facial control. Following are all the features.

FEATURES

- SKIBBZ-like facial control (though, of course not nearly as good. You can easily replace the head with SKIBBZ's if you want, lol)

- A nose! (Not really a 'feature', but it's there.)

- Easy and sufficient eyebrow control.

- Easy to use eye control, including eyelids and pupils.

- A jaw which moves in conjunction with the mouth.

- Many different thumb presets (You can find them in the respective arm tab, and use the "visibility" checkmarks to toggle them).

- Full 3 joint finger control that is incredibly easy to use.

- Ability to switch off "Full Fist" via a "visibility" toggle. All it does is get rid of the hole in the fist when all the fingers are tucked in.

- Scaleable 2D teeth.

- Easy color changing when switching skins. Simply select all of the colorable bits and change the hex values to that of the skin color.

- Cheeks to control mouth width.

(The performance shouldn't chug too much if viewing in a rendered preview, this was an issue with some of my earlier rigs.)

HOW TO CONTROL THE MOUTH (IMPORTANT TO KNOW!)

The mouth controls are a bit different than usual, but are easy to remember once you learn how to use them. All mouth controls are parented to the head, and the main control you will most likely use most often is the "Mouth" folder itself. 

Scaling along the "Y" axis controls the jaw movement. Clicking the head right under the nose should give you control of the lower lip, which allows you to control how open the mouth is without moving the jaw.

Using the two objects within the "Cheek" folder will allow you to control the width of the mouth, good for "O" sounds.

The two arms to the sides of the mouth control the smiles and frowns. Use the bending axis of the arm for controlling smiles, and the X control for frown control.

Smf9Nbb.png

aC3EVGU.png

btN3A9c.png

DOWNLOAD

NO NEED TO CREDIT!

Thanks for supporting my stuff!

Suggest any improvements or issues.