The Chronicals of Joshdotmp4 and Heavenira

HI everyone I'm sure you may know that @Joshdotmp4 and @Heavenira were both banned recently, both being issued 3 warning points at once being instantly banned with no warning

The Backstory

Both Heavenira and Joshdotmp4 had 7+ warning points before the incident occured. the way Josh got these 7 points was through setting his profile picture to "BANNED" even though it wasn't against the rules by any means at the time. He says after making sug he repeatedly set his profile picture to be banned because Emunator stubbornly would not even considering adding it as a rule as seen here: 

Spoiler

wuROFE6.png

Later, josh got merely ONE of EIGHT points given for this removed. THAT doesn't seem fair to me

The Story

Josh made a post called "mario does a dab" showcasing his latest animation, but he posted it to the "Narrative Animations" section of the forums on accident, but it was a blender animation. For this, he got one point. THE RULES don't say you get a warning point for posting in the wrong section, just your post moved. Contrast this to the rule right below it, which specifically mentions a warning point being issued. Both Josh and Heavenira were confused at receiving this point, because the rules are ambiguous. Here is the image josh sent me:

unknown.png 

Heavenira made another post, also called "mario does a dab" in the same section later without the permission of Josh. For this, he recieved one point for posting in the wrong section, and BOTH HE AND JOSH got a point each for posting "duplicate" topics. THAT doesn't seem fair to me EITHER

Josh downvoted replies to heavenira's post because the content posted belonged to him, and Heavenira downvoted the same things, for a total of SIX downvotes, for which they both got a point for "reputation abuse". THIS doesn't seem fitting for a measly 6 downvotes either.

For these reasons I believe that they should not be banned and both of them are unhappy and feel they dont deserve it either.

My source:

5eA8yXy.png 

@Nimi

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

*chronicles

But seriously, you're taking this too far. Josh got warning points for the Banned profile pic because he insisted on using it despite the mods' warnings. They asked him to kindly change his profile picture without Warning Points issued, yet he decided to deliberately persist with it. That's why he got Warning Points. He ran straight into it, and he shouldn't have expected less.

That's not the correct usage of "ambiguous."

It's kinda hard to believe it was without Josh's permission when they both disliked the same innocent users' posts, and, by the looks of the Discord screenshot in your status update, they had good communication. But let's say it was without permission from Josh. Even if that was the case, Josh played along with it. He condoned the duplication of the topic, therefore justifying the duplication Warning Point.

It's not the number of dislikes that determine a Warning Point be issued. Warning Points are issued for toxic behavior. Disliking innocent replies is toxic. It may not be much rep loss in the end (however, that is subjective), but it's the principle. The idea of disliking posts for no reason is what gives cause for a Warning Point. And if Josh really didn't approve of Heavenira's topic, he would've disliked Heavenira's topic, not the replies (obviously that's stupid and unnecessary).

What's the point in including this quote that only has half to do with this.

In short, Josh was being childish and disrespectful, and Heavenira was just being stupid.

I'm up for further discussion if you're interested, in PMs or Discord.

Edited by Colonel Muffin
Now I feel like a mod look what you did.

We have found that there has been some wrongdoings on both sides. There was a case of negligence for common sense (refusing to stop doing something despite repeated warnings from moderators) and an overreaction on the mods' part about double posting and downrepping. Both the users have been unbanned since the number of WPs were greatly exaggerated.