Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This was not a problem with me until later on. Mine-imator is using up 90% of my CPU.

I am using a 64bit Windows 8.1 Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Built-in NVIDA. I can't toggle the priority of the process. I am not sure if this is a graphics problem or that the latest update requires more usage. I discovered this as it slows down other graphics-powered image editors such as Paint.NET. This is regardless if my project's workspace is empty or not. Even rendering gets worse over time. I have over 600GB free space. If I can get answers as to why this is happening, that'd be wonderful thanks. This is an awesome program by the way.

iuz48zE2SwCgOy58r2GYOw.png

I am thinking of re-installing it but it will still be the same program. So I am simply guessing there's another cause.

Edited by MidgetHero

this might be due to the latest windows 10 patch in response to the spectre and meltdown security exploits. while it keeps your pc secure, you also end up loosing a good chunk of your processor's performance.
your best bet is to either wait until optimized versions of this patch come out in later updates, or to get a more powerful pc

Edited by ThatGuyBrian

1 hour ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

this might be due to the latest windows 10 patch in response to the spectre and meltdown security exploits. while it keeps your pc secure, you also end up loosing a good chunk of your processor's performance.
your best bet is to either wait until optimized versions of this patch come out in later updates, or to get a more powerful pc

He's using 8.1, not 10.

Did this only just start happening or has it been happening since you first got it?

I've worked out the problem. Turns out that it was an NVIDIA Graphics Driver update that had caused this. Switching to the Intel Graphics Driver for Mine-imator really helped. Can I suggest they work on an NVIDIA Graphics patch?

"Did this only just start happening or has it been happening since you first got it?"
Well, I had it for a long time, only earlier this week had it started to lag.

Edited by MidgetHero