Viber Infinity [Minecraft Animated Film]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I had some issues with it. It eventually got better, but here's what I have to say.

Negative Criticism: The story is confusing. I'm not sure what's going on, and it's too slow paced to follow it until several certain times marked below.

The cinematography and animation need some work. For example, between 6:50 and 7:15, all of the soldiers/enemies were all doing the same exact thing. They were shooting at the same time, and the guns had way too much kick. It seemed you used a lot of preset walking, and speaking of walking, they were going too fast. The feet were sliding across the floor like every character was ice skating. That would be fine during running. And the running was too slow as well.

The voice acting so far was... mediocre, to say the least. For Mr. Viber and Herobrine, whoever was voicing them were clearly trying to be quiet. It never sounds good trying to be quiet into a microphone. And speaking of microphone, those ones were poor quality, unless there was some sound editing that happened that created artifacts and strange effects, which would pose a problem anyway. You should only edit sound with high quality DAWs. 

Now that brings me to the writing, mostly of dialogue. There was not nearly enough. When they were in that car and the knight person was walking, he should have exclaimed somehow. If you were driving and suddenly saw a deer in front of you, would you just lean back with wide eyes or would you yell "Oh [expletive]!," and slam on the brakes? The writing was poorly executed and there was too much empty space in it. 

The music up to 14:00 was so repetitive. The same notes over and over again really created some problems for me. I understand the idea of having a musical theme throughout a composition, but this was seriously disappointing (and that's saying a lot when you come into something unbiased). It sounded all the same. If you were to have a theme, you could build off of it, but don't put the theme in everything. Maybe bring it in every now and then. Of course there were parts in there, but there was so much of that same line, I-V-I-bIV-I-III. 

Positive Criticism: At 14 minutes, the fight scene was actually very well executed. There were still some issues, but it was definitely fast paced, and caught the anger of Viber. The issues were mostly in the animation, as it was still a little stiff, but everything basically improved hugely at this point.

17 minutes was when it got good. Viber's... space? Hub? I'm not sure, but whatever it was really brought in more depth to the characters. The voice acting still posed a problem, but the animation became much smoother, the music became more dynamic and the pacing of the plot sped up hugely. 

Basically, my only complaints after this mark are: the voice acting still needs work and the two characters who suddenly appeared at the end make no sense and don't add to the plot.

Overall: I would say it looks like no one really felt the film at the beginning but it eventually got better later on and therefore the quality improved as well. I see potential, but there's still a lot of work that can, should, and needs to be done. I liked it once I got to the good parts I mentioned above.