Dev update #12 part 2: A bright future and Modelbench news

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 5:14 AM, Nimi said:

BloomPromo.png

Hello fellow creators! 

As many of you may know by now, I'm now a Mine-imator developer. Now to kick things off, I've been planning a big update since I discontinued the Community Build mod, 1.2.0. Now since I stopped a (rather popular) mod of Mine-imator, I didn't want to leave its features hanging and to never be seen by the world again, so I've decided to put them aside for the next major update.

Now that's not all I have planned, due to a ton of requests for better graphics in Mine-imator, I've decided to make the next update themed around just that. Some things to expect in 1.2.0:

• Bloom effect for the camera.(Remade completely, look at image above by @Voxy.)
  • Glow effect for various objects.
  • Specular lighting and roughness material for various objects.

There are some other things I have planned, but that should be enough to reveal about 1.2.0 for now. There is currently no ETA for 1.2.0 as it has not entered development yet. The 1.2.0 update will begin development once David is finished with 1.1.x and Modelbench has been released to the public.

Now about Modelbench, it will not be released this month. It'll be released sometime after 1.1.3 so it will contain the new bending mechanics as David revealed in part 1 of this dev update.

So in a nutshell, an update with Community Build features and new graphics is planned and Modelbench will be released sometime after Mine-imator 1.1.3. This update will take awhile due to having to wait till it can be started, and how long it'll take to make so until then, happy animating and happy holidays!

< Part 1

Halo sir please add bezier transition that is cool tool 

Just now, Jake_28 said:

O_O i might try that, though i don't think it will work..

oh export do you mean into your project?

1 minute ago, Jake_28 said:

cause i'm not sure which one?

4 minutes ago, Jake_28 said:

If it doesn't then i dunno -.-

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 11:32 AM, Ender man said:

would there be problems for weaker device users?

Well they should go in the settings to lower resolution and some graphics. I had some problems with my old PC,it had a 2004's Graphics card that could not even support a game from 2006. 

4 hours ago, LinkyDooD said:

Will this update include item frames? I'm currently working on a project that needs animations, but i can't move ahead with it yet because one of the key "props" i need has items frames.

So like an item frame special block?

2 minutes ago, LinkyDooD said:

Well, the prop i have has item frames on it but when i try and bring it into mine-imator from my world, it has everything except the item frames

Attempting to load a lot of item frames would likely result in an undesirable drop in performance when working with the scenery due to the timelines from all of the item frames and the items they're containing.

6 hours ago, FredBear17_YT said:

does the bloom have the bloom settings from CB
does it support the glowing effect (Intensity: 20, Amount: 100)

The bloom effect shown off in the header is not final, but I can confirm that it'll have an intensity option that goes above 100%, a threshold option, and a radius option.

6 hours ago, Jadturentale said:

I know,but most people make animations struggling to try making physics with like explosions,water and all that stuff. Even ragdolls.

Gain experience animating physics in return for the 3D engine Mine-imator using not being built for advanced 3D physics of objects with varying geometry. :think:

6 hours ago, Jadturentale said:

I know,but most people make animations struggling to try making physics with like explosions,water and all that stuff. Even ragdolls.

Just learn it. Explosion particles are in the workbench and you can easily make water particles in the editor. Rag-doll is a bit trickier, but don't let that stop you, with loads of practice, you can do it!