Dev update #12 part 2: A bright future and Modelbench news

Do you take feature requests? If so...

I would like to request a few things that will hopefully make it better for use in the future:

Spoiler

* Custom framerate option for both rendering and over all fps of the program

* Allow scrolling when you're just hovering over something (So you wouldn't have to click on it to scroll in that box)

* Clicking on an already highlighted timeline item to rename it from there

* Add a context menu to the viewport (or other areas, like the timeline even though there's buttons on the bottom) for things like properties, delete, etc. (So I wouldn't always have a box or two taking up my screen when I want to make a simple edit)

* Camera tabs

* Save the resources for UI elements outside of the .exe, or make a theme engine (Once again, not a top priority, just for a user to make it more personalized if they wanted to)

* Optional UI sounds (The lowest of low priorities)

* Condense the two buttons that lead to the Website and Forums into a single "About" button which would also include more info (Like program version for example)

I would do these things myself, but I'm not sure where I'd find updated source code (The one I saw on here was for 1.0.9), and even if I did have the code, I would be afraid of Mine-imator updating (Finding any changes that could be littler or big that were made and applying it my changes), I also have Game Maker Studio 2, so I'd take a stab at porting it (For fun).

If the updated code is ever release, I'd suggest GitHub for people to submit their changes, like the features that I've mentioned.

If I figure out any more things that could added to potentially improve Mine-imator, I'll make an edit to this post.

Edited by Agent Agrimar
Asking for an already added feature

Hello! I'm Jadturentale,i actually will list some of my suggestions that could make Mine-imator better. You don't NEED to add these,these are just suggestions.

Motion Capture support (Adding Mocap Kinect/Camera capture,that will help to make great animations)

FBX Importer: Import FBX's,and have them work with the Minecraft characters.

Endorphin Simulation Support: Use Endorphin project (.els) or other stuff to get them work with Minecraft characters!

Transform tool: Move things easily!

Round edges: Opitional setting that makes the edges of characters,blocks etc. round,like in some animations.

Ability to toggle bend styles: You know,that wierd bending? Some people will want to have that bend style off and have the normal one.

Normal Maps and Parralax Occlusion Mapping support: Support for resource packs that have POM,PBR and Normal Maps,when the render is active.

Skin Maker: Make skins in the program without quitting it.

Minecraft generation Schematics: Use of things generated in Minecraft's worlds as schematics in the Schematics folder.

Custom Item Maker: Make custom item textures without quitting Mine Imator.

Basic Texture Packs: Texture Packs that are in all projects that you can choose without downloading and dragging stuff with file explorer.

Render Updates:

POM,PBR and Normal Map support

In settings,some more render options

Optimization

Making that the lightning looks like a kind of bullet going in the walls,like in real life and in Unreal Engine 4,example video on modded Roblox (I havent made it): 

Aaaand water reflections,and lens flares.

Yup,that's a bunch of suggestions. I'd be happy to see that in 1.2.0!

36 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

Hello! I'm Jadturentale,i actually will list some of my suggestions that could make Mine-imator better. You don't NEED to add these,these are just suggestions.

Motion Capture support (Adding Mocap Kinect/Camera capture,that will help to make great animations)

Endorphin Simulation Support: Use Endorphin project (.els) or other stuff to get them work with Minecraft characters!

Round edges: Opitional setting that makes the edges of characters,blocks etc. round,like in some animations.

Ability to toggle bend styles: You know,that wierd bending? Some people will want to have that bend style off and have the normal one.

Normal Maps and Parralax Occlusion Mapping support: Support for resource packs that have POM,PBR and Normal Maps,when the render is active.

Minecraft generation Schematics: Use of things generated in Minecraft's worlds as schematics in the Schematics folder.

Basic Texture Packs: Texture Packs that are in all projects that you can choose without downloading and dragging stuff with file explorer.

Render Updates:

Optimization

Making that the lightning looks like a kind of bullet going in the walls,like in real life and in Unreal Engine 4,example video on modded Roblox (I havent made it): 

A lot of this stuff is probably not possible in GameMaker Studio yet.

46 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

Render Updates:

Optimization

but... you don't have to quit mine imator to make custom items, you can have it open while making items on paint.net, then you just reopen the window and add the custom item sheet, same goes for the skins, you just add it in.

(also not to be a grammar nazi, but... your supposed to have a space after you put the ,

"He opened the box, nothing was there" like that.)

9 minutes ago, mbanders said:

A lot of this stuff is probably not possible in GameMaker Studio yet.

nvm

Edited by Bluey

could u pleas add mist to the particls creator as the mist in the blender it well be helpful

and please create new camera effect and upgrade the old effects and please do end and start point for the camera filed and upgrade filed of view

Just now, Ender man said:

would there be problems for weaker device users?

Slower rendering performance is natural on all devices when you're dealing with more graphics and effects. You can turn off the new rendering effects/graphics(Similar to how you can turn off SSAO, shadows, ect.) to get similar results(And performance) to Mine-imator 1.1.x and turn them back on whenever you'd like to tweak them last-minute before rendering.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:51 PM, munny said:

why this take alout of time please release it :steve_tearful:

It hasn't even been started on yet. It requires Mine-imator 1.1.3 to be released(Which requires Minecraft 1.13 to be released.) and Modelbench to be released for it to be started on. It's best to have patience because this update has the potential to be pushed all the way till next fall/winter to be released.

I hasn't even been started on yet. It requires Mine-imator 1.1.3 to be released(Which requires Minecraft 1.13 to be released.) and Modelbench to be released for it to be started on. It's best to have patience because this update has the potential to be pushed all the way till next fall/winter to be released.

Yeah that's true. Mojang (specifically Dinnerbone) is stating that the 1.13 is around the corner. So it shouldn't be a problem.