Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This is a Christmas Special Wallpaper. Please give feedback. Tell me ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that is wrong with it. But also tell me what's good? :steve_wink:

IjT2bWM.jpg

Face rig: Made by me.

Hat rig: Made by me.

Made in: Mine Imator 1.1.2

Edited in: Adobe Photoshop CC

Christmas tree: By @BloxTheRigger, Download: https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/33297-christmas-tree-rig/

Edited by RedAnimator

38 minutes ago, MysticalGamez said:

How do you make good wallpapers? I'm sorta new to mine imator and I'm not good at making wallpaper.

Pretend that you are taking a picture with your phone, what would you do if you are taking a picture?

• Framing: Make sure the frame has the things you want in the picture
  • Shadows: Play around with shadows if the environment is bright (I personally LOVE SSAO)
  • Lighting: Play around with the range of the light, it's all personal preference but make sure the light isn't overexposed
  • Software Effects (Optional): If you are going to import the picture to another software (Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net) then make sure you know that before you start making the wallpaper, think about what other effects you will put in when you import the wallpaper to PS, just so your wallpaper doesn't look like a mess.

1 hour ago, MysticalGamez said:

How do you make good wallpapers? I'm sorta new to mine imator and I'm not good at making wallpaper.

With me, this is how I think when I make wallpapers: It only needs to look good in camera view, not any other view. Here's what I mean:

Not Camera: 

tlQ4AlU.png

Camera (No Photoshop):

qK0HycD.jpg

So basically what I'm saying is that some people when they are making wallpapers, want it to be perfect. But in the Not Camera picture, Steve isn't even touching the ground.

Also, yes, @BeanieBanta is right, you should have a play around with the background settings and SSAO settings etc.

But no-one starts out perfect, this was my first wallpaper:

dLvw7lh.png

And it is really bad.

So don't worry too much about it.

:steve_wink:

2 hours ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

the asymmetry tho
IQxylOTvSzKWzxQba5atLA.png

Oh, now I see. Yeah I do that a lot. In fact, I've done that in all of my wallpapers. Thanks for the criticism though.

39 minutes ago, RedAnimator said:

With me, this is how I think when I make wallpapers: It only needs to look good in camera view, not any other view. Here's what I mean:

Not Camera: 

tlQ4AlU.png

Camera (No Photoshop):

qK0HycD.jpg

So basically what I'm saying is that some people when they are making wallpapers, want it to be perfect. But in the Not Camera picture, Steve isn't even touching the ground.

Also, yes, @BeanieBanta is right, you should have a play around with the background settings and SSAO settings etc.

But no-one starts out perfect, this was my first wallpaper:

dLvw7lh.png

And it is really bad.

So don't worry too much about it.

:steve_wink:

Oh, now I see. Yeah I do that a lot. In fact, I've done that in all of my wallpapers. Thanks for the criticism though.

Thanks for the tips!