Cant use the "Import from World" feature on Mac

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi! Im using mineimator on a mac and its working great, with one exception. When i go to my workbench and try to use the "import from world" feature to import a minecraft map directly into mineimator, the drop down menu doesn't show any worlds to be selected even though i have worlds in saved in Minecraft. This is obviously because the Mac Minecraft saves the worlds in a different place than the Windows version of minecraft, so my question is, where should i save the Minecraft worlds on my Mac to have them show up on Mineimators "import from world" feature? 

An odd question but if someone could help it would be much appreciated! :D

4 answers to this question

Hey there!

The Mine-imator world importer will only show folders containing valid Minecraft save files at this location on disk, which is, I imagine, exclusive to the Windows operating system:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves

If you can't replicate this path or if Mine-imator doesn't recognize it, then your only option is to use schematic files for the time being. Hope that helps!

I'm assuming you're using wine to run this, so you'll have to go into the virtual C drive and put it there. From my time on Linux, It should be in a hidden folder at the root of your Home Folder.

THEN you can go from there and put a world in that folder (Preferably make a shortcut)

The program is simply looking for a file there so if it doesn't exist,  Just make it :D (If it that doesn't work just install windows mc and put the world in)

Mine-Imator should recognize all of the worlds in that one folder. :thumbsup: