A New Start

GSS_99
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

So, it's been quite sometime since I've worked on any form of animation but I'm here to revisit and relearn how it's done (considering all the new resources that are now available). I have a few questions regarding setup, rigs, community build, etc.

1. What is the "Community Build" and where might I be able to access it? 

2. As for setting up scene's, does anyone have suggestions on quality based add-on's that could really make a scene pop (Weather, particle effects, lighting, etc)?

3. Rigs: I'm looking for a rig that is preferably reskinable, doesn't have fingers, and has 3D Hair?

4. Adding Maps from Minecraft is Mineways still the best way to go about doing this? 

5. Supportive tutorials, anyone know any good videos to help strengthen the knowledge of animating on mine-imator (tips and tricks)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you all very much!

2 answers to this question

Hey there!

1. The Community Build was a mod created by @Nimi. As he recently joined the Mine-imator Team to work on official projects, the mod has been deprecated and is no longer available for download. While it offered a few exclusive features, some of them were ported over into Mine-imator 1.1.0, making it completely obsolete, even more so considering the many improvements this new version brings.

2. If you need advice on how to set up environmental lighting and effects, I can only recommend @Keep on Chucking's tutorials over at Kiepocu Studios.

3. The forum search will be your best ally. However, due to how rigs work, you won't find one with extruded hair that will be easily reskinable. If you want to try making one of your own, check out those tutorials by @AnxiousCynic :

Spoiler

4. Mine-imator isn't compatible with the more traditional 3D formats Mineways exports. Instead, it contains its own embedded tool to grab a piece from any of your Minecraft worlds, and it's compatible with the schematic file format you can get from MCEdit.

5. The aforementioned tutorials from KeepOnChucking and AnxiousCynic will provide you with everything you need, from basic animation techniques to advanced lighting effects. Of course, actual practice and learning about the fundamentals of traditional animation will also be extremely important.

I hope that helped, have fun animating! :D

Edited by Voxy

2 minutes ago, Voxy said:

Hey there!

1. The Community Build was a mod created by @Nimi. As he recently joined the Mine-imator Team to work on official projects, the mod has been deprecated and is no longer available for download. While it offered a few exclusive features, some of them were ported over into Mine-imator 1.1.0, making it completely obsolete, even more so considering the many improvements this new version brings.

2. If you need advice on how to set up environmental lighting and effects, I can only recommend @Keep on Chucking's tutorials over at Kiepocu Studios.

3. The forum search will be your best ally. However, due to the nature of rigs, you won't find a rig with extruded hair that will be easily reskinable. If you want to try making one of your own, check out those tutorials by @AnxiousCynic

Reveal hidden contents

4. Mine-imator isn't compatible with the more traditional 3D formats Mineways exports. Instead, it contains its own embedded tool to grab a piece from any of your Minecraft worlds, and it's compatible with the schematic file format you can get from MCEdit.

5. The aforementioned tutorials from KeepOnChucking and AnxiousCynic will provide you with everything you need, from basic animation techniques to advanced lighting effects. Of course, actual practice and learning about the fundamentals of traditional animation will also be extremely important.

I hope that helped, have fun animating! :D

Thank you so much! The response is greatly appreciated :)