Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey Everyone! So as I glance through the forum, I notice a lot of you people out there are looking for specific rigs for your characters. Well, I am making a rig pack for ALMOST all the mobs in mine imator! There are a few I skipped because I was unsure of how necessary it was to have them rigged, but this is just a basic face rig. So the actual pack will be uploaded soon, but this is just an announcement. 

NOTES

For Mine-Imator Community Build, will most likely work with other versions, but I can't confirm.

Rigs not included: 

bats, spiders(and cave spiders), chickens, guardians(and Elder guardians) Ender Dragon, Endermites, Golems(and snowmen), magma cubes, rabbits, shulkers, silverfish, and possibly slime.

I know this seems like a lot I didn't do, but looking closely, all it would have done is made for extra work, because these rigs aren't necessary. Rigs will be up soon, and I hope you enjoy them.

32 minutes ago, JPanimatics said:

For Mine-Imator Community Build, will most likely work with other versions, but I can't confirm.

MI:CB is obsolete. I advice you exporting rigs to 1.0.6 when you're done - for compatibility with newest versions of Mine-imator.

3 hours ago, jakubg1 said:

MI:CB is obsolete. I advice you exporting rigs to 1.0.6 when you're done - for compatibility with newest versions of Mine-imator.

Wait what? How MC:CB obsolete? The things you see in the new pre-realeases are things you could make either way (specific blocks on schematic and variants). David just made it more convinient in the new updates, while CB on the other hand has entire features that have always been missing from the original MI. I think you will find a lot of the experienced animators here prefering CB over the new updates. That will probably only change once some of the features from CB has been carried over to offical MI. That or since Nimi will soon take over development, maybe make some of the more requested features from CB into MI. Either way, CB has tools you won't find in MI. Just because an optimization update with a few shortcuts that werent there before was added, doesn't make CB obsolete.

Edited by TheCryingSquid

Oh, I used too strong word. I mean, when the rigs will be released only for MI:CB, new users that currently haven't Community Build couldn't use these rigs, because the download of Community Build is removed.

I don't think that objects exported in MI:CB format will work perfectly with 1.1.0 pre-release.

Just now, jakubg1 said:

I agree, but I do believe both will work. I am not using any features in these rigs not in the regular Mine Imator. 

Just now, TheCryingSquid said:

Wait what? How MC:CB obsolete? The things you see in the new pre-realeases are things you could make either way (specific blocks on schematic and variants). David just made it more convinient in the new updates, while CB on the other hand has entire features that have always been missing from the original MI. I think you will find a lot of the experienced animators here prefering CB over the new updates. That will probably only change once some of the features from CB has been carried over to offical MI. That or since Nimi will soon take over development, maybe make some of the more requested features from CB into MI. Either way, CB has tools you won't find in MI. Just because an optimization update with a few shortcuts that werent there before was added, doesn't make CB obsolete.

No, jakubg1 is right, it is no longer available for download, but it'll probably work in both versions.