• Announcements

• david

READ: Mine-imator forum rules   07/14/15

Read 'em!
    • Nimi

Modelbench Beta   03/26/18

A public beta of Modelbench is now available, try it out! https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/70230-modelbench-beta-042/  
    • david

Mine-imator 1.1.4 available!   04/12/18

Your characters are now more flexible than ever with the new bend options in 1.1.4! Download here: https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/46014-mine-imator-114/  

So what exactly is this ModelBench that the devs have been teasing?

I did a search online, only thing I could find was a tool called BlockBench, a 3D modeling tool used for resource packs and such.

So, can someone please explain to me what ModelBench actually is?

Your mom.

Sorry, lol.

But, it's kind a modeling thing that you can make rigs out of pixel-by-pixel, instead of making rig sheets.

So basically (what I think it is) you can select pixel-by-pixel and change the color/texture of it to suit the rig.

Like in the old MI all those old model things, you can make those again.

Alright, that answers my question. But I've been hearing rumors about .json files being compatible with this.

So does that mean I can take a model from a resource pack, and use this program to make it work with mine-imator?

As far as I'm aware mine-imator doesn't support models from resource packs.

Hi,

Modelbench is an upcoming tool that will allow users to create .mimodel files, the new model format introduced in Mine-imator 1.1.0. We've been using it internally to convert all the old models, and we're currently working on making it suitable for a public release, though we cannot give you any estimated time of release for the time being.

Hope that helps!

3 minutes ago, MineTrak74707 said:

Alright, that answers my question. But I've been hearing rumors about .json files being compatible with this.

So does that mean I can take a model from a resource pack, and use this program to make it work with mine-imator?

As far as I'm aware mine-imator doesn't support models from resource packs.

Mine-imator 1.1.0 will use the vanilla Minecraft JSON models for blocks, which allows for quick updates once a new Minecraft version brings in new blocks.

Just now, Voxy said:

Mine-imator 1.1.0 will use the vanilla Minecraft JSON models for blocks, which allows for quick updates once a new Minecraft version brings in new blocks.

Ah ok. I thought you could take the resource pack models made in BlockBench and MrCrayfish's Model Creator, and use this program to allow them to work in mine-imator.

1 minute ago, MineTrak74707 said:

Ah ok. I thought you could take the resource pack models made in BlockBench and MrCrayfish's Model Creator, and use this program to allow them to work in mine-imator.

No, you will be able to do that straight from Mine-imator itself, with no conversion necessary. Modelbench will be used to create more complex models that require multiple parts to work, like characters and special blocks.

Just now, Voxy said:

No, you will be able to do that straight from Mine-imator itself, with no conversion necessary. Modelbench will be used to create more complex models that require multiple parts to work, like characters and special blocks.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'm new to all this modeling stuff, always just used schematics.

It's a model maker that is (sorta) hard to use and that has Z and Y axis reversed. It also has a complicated UV Editor.