Control blocks/entities like the camera

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey, I've been using Mine-imator for about 5 hours now, Created a pretty basic fight scene between Notch and Herobrine.

This idea just came to me a minute ago, but wouldn't it be cool if we could control blocks/entities the same way we control the camera?

Picture it: 

A button that says "Take control" when you have something selected, and a checkbox for "first person"

when you press the button the camera freezes and the entity moves instead, with the same controls as the camera. 

if you check the "first person" box the camera will snap to the center of the entity you are controlling (how much easier would projectiles be with first person control!?)

This is already somewhat possible if you parent the blocks/item/entities to the camera, and then move the camera with them. Check this out:

Spoiler

And maybe explore the program a little bit more before making suggestions so you know what it's already in it because only 5 hours doesn't seem enough :P 

2 hours ago, jamiemac262 said:

I've been using Mine-imator for about 5 hours now