Mineimator final project: text or voice?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Should I make it voice-based, or text-based?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make it voice-based, or text-based?

• Voice
    • Text

Question

I have a question. You see, ever since I did Mineimator I would always make my characters speak through text. But being this is my last Mineimator video, should I try my hand at making a voice-based animation? Or should I stick with the classics and keep it text-based? Also to note, this is for the intro and outro. The middle will be made up of community created videos for the collab that are text-based or voice-based depending on what they chose. If you choose to answer I thank you for your help, it really does make this easier on me to do. I have been putting this off for far too long X.x

2 answers to this question

I think it will depends on you really. I just made a quick look on your background [Stalked you a bit] and i really enjoyed your vids. It's really good and all, with or without voices. But the real answer i want to tell you... As a fellow animator whom tried animating with voices, i think it is worth a try? Just have a good mic that can clearly record your voice or have voice actors that would help you out.

But since you said it will be your last.. Go on, it won't hurt to try. [Why last? you quiting?]

On 11/9/2017 at 6:33 AM, Yenachi said:

I think it will depends on you really. I just made a quick look on your background [Stalked you a bit] and i really enjoyed your vids. It's really good and all, with or without voices. But the real answer i want to tell you... As a fellow animator whom tried animating with voices, i think it is worth a try? Just have a good mic that can clearly record your voice or have voice actors that would help you out.

But since you said it will be your last.. Go on, it won't hurt to try. [Why last? you quiting?]

Sorry for the late reply,  and thanks for your input! The reason it is my last is because I am trying to move to different programs (like sfm and 3DS Max). I don't feel like I have enough control over what the characters can do and it feels limiting. I wanted to do one last Mineimator animation though so I don't feel bad for just leaving. I have worked on the project a bit but man time is going down the drain. I wish I was a person that could accept short animations so I could post more, but for some reason I always go a bit overboard with my ideas and a 30 sec short  turns into a 3 minute video. Anyways, thanks again and good luck Mineimating!