Sword Swing Keyframes

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I posted some time ago this:

On 9/24/2017 at 5:06 PM, jakubg1 said:

[...] (or even share on these forums) the animation to open in the program.

Lastly, I decided to share it because there currently isn't any sword swing animation preset.

It's formality, but here's preview:

Spoiler

G05S1.gif

As you can see, no changes in comparison to the swing I posted in the topic above.

Because there are many circumstances of the sword swings, you can modify the keyframes (and the swing) as you want. But please, credit me if used in anything (like everything I create).

Now only download remains.

>>> Click here! <<<

Edited by jakubg1

The movement is very unnatural. Having more emphasis on the rotation of the body will make the strike feel more powerful. The head, left arm and right leg could use more exaggerated animation.

5 hours ago, TheRurined said:

im in the era of animation right now i cant animate anything xD just try to make my character better

You will start animating well one day. I wish you luck :)

Anyone else? Why nobody rated the new version for 40 days? That means the animation is good? If something is wrong, tell what and I'll fix it. Thank you. :)

On 11/20/2017 at 10:36 AM, jakubg1 said:

You will start animating well one day. I wish you luck :)

Anyone else? Why nobody rated the new version for 40 days? That means the animation is good? If something is wrong, tell what and I'll fix it. Thank you. :)

I'm extremely late to this, but in the updated gif:

On 10/10/2017 at 12:02 PM, jakubg1 said:

I made movement more exaggerated.

G05S2.gif

Is it better?

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/NWAlwvno/file.html

the right leg seems to get dislocated. Also, I like the exageration, but the leg flying out before you swing is a just a touch unrealistic. Otherwise, it looks great.

But don't take my word for it, I'm not very good at Mine-imator...

8 hours ago, TheJeweledWolf said:

I'm extremely late to this, but in the updated gif the right leg seems to get dislocated. Also, I like the exageration, but the leg flying out before you swing is a just a touch unrealistic. Otherwise, it looks great.

But don't take my word for it, I'm not very good at Mine-imator...

Thank you for criticizing, even if last post was almost year ago! Unfortunately, the sword swings has too many conditions to vary, e.g. current pose (sword swings are used mainly in fight, so there's almost no chance to do the swing while staying) or place, where the character would like to attack (for example decapitating instead of hitting the body with the sword). That means, usually the animators do the swing, meaning this thing is useless. Also, I'm leaving Mine-imator and moving to Blender, so I'm not supporting my Mine-imator projects anymore.

However, I might recreate this in Blender when I'll think I've learned enough things to do it. :)