Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

NOTE: please ignore the lazy background and flatlands... its a test, in my first test i tried that out already.

this is a new test that i worked on for a while, i showed off my new walk cycle, and tried to make quicker movements.

please ignore the fact the ax moves around a bit, thats my attempt at realism gone wrong..

i also slightly improved torches, but i obviously might need to work on that.

give me any tips to improve this!

Edited by NoobStew
punctuation lol

Some Simple Stuff

Give the arms a little more bend when they move and less sway, I mean unless your going for an actual gameplay look. 

If the lamp  you placed is supposed to appear as if it is illuminating from the torch, place it above it.  I can't really tell where it is so if it is already my bad, it doesn't appear to be.

If when the axe flies to your hand, it's parented to your arm, I don't know why it flies past so oddly.  It appears as if its supposed to stop in your hand.  If it's not parented in that section, and you just did it later on, try this.  Make a duplicate of the axe you placed in the quartz, make one parented to the arm and the other not.  At first the one parented to the arm should be invisible, with another in the block that is visible.  When it begins to fly toward your hand, make the one that is parented visible and let it carry through it's animation, while at the same time make the other invisible.  It should just appear that its one axe in the final if you do this right.  There might be a better way to do this but its the best way I know how. Adjust some keyframes here and there too.

Extra Tips

A good way to not make your animations looks stiff is to either play around with the keyframe transitions until you find something good, or you can take a note out of my book.  Like when you are turning, stop it a little sooner, then make another keyframe that finishes it, but is slowed down.  If done properly it can kind of create a "buffer" to help smooth movement, and also makes animation look more fluid. 

Happy Animating!     - Scar

Edited by ScarClaw72
More in depth