Portal 2 Elevator Rig

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Should I also try to create an elevator room? (Because of school and my laziness this might take months.)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should I also try to create an elevator room? (Because of school and my laziness this might take months.)

Hey!

I made a Portal 2 Elevator Rig:

//Pictures

zZOKJP0.png

Spoiler

MSkvYjI.png

[This is what the rig looks like when downloaded]

JDx23W2.gif

[Small GIF]

//Instructions

Spoiler

How to install:

1. Make sure to use at least Mine-imator V. 1.0.6
  2. Download the .zip file
  3. Extract the two files ("ITEMASSETS.png", "Portal_2_Elevator_VXX.object") to your project folder
  4. Open your project
  5. Hit the "Import asset" button [DskVjZ9.png]
  6. Select the "Portal_2_Elevator_VXX.object" file

fv3cnAS.png

In the first folder you'll find three parts: The elevator, the station and the regular tube part. You can duplicate and move these as you want.

The elevator is, well, the heart of the rig. The station tubes are designed to be placed when characters exit or enter the elevator. ["Station" -> "Tube"] objects are supposed to be moved along the Y-Axis. The "Regular tube" bits can be used when no station is required; on regular elevator movement.

The Rig comes with keyframes for

• Station Tube opening and closing [main -> "Station Frame"]
  • Door opening and closing [main -> "Main elevator" -> "Scale correction" -> "Inside" -> "Door Left" / "Door Right"]
  • Elevator departure [main -> "Main elevator"]

There is a light source at [main -> "Main Elevator" -> "Scale correction" -> "Top block" -> "Light"]

//Troubleshooting

Spoiler
  • If you want to edit somenthing in the elevator and want it to perfectly fit, you have to use a Positioning Grid value of 0.03125. That value is so strange because I messed up somewhere, sorry for that :/
  • If certain stuff isn't visible through the glass panes, try going to the glass' [Properties] tab, raising the Render depth value by one and then decreasing it by one again.

//Other Information

Spoiler

If you use the rig in your animation, please credit me in the description of your video!

Download here!

//If you have any problems or suggestions, feel free to reply or PM me.

That's it for now, bye!

~Square789

Edited by Square789
Fixed spelling mistake

18 minutes ago, mephilis12 said:

I would update my Not to be used portal styled TARDIS interior with this but 2 things: one too lazy to do it, two if I use it on a video It's most likely I will forget To credit and if you find it out I will be kinda disapointed on myself for forgetting

Well, you're free to use my rig. If I somehow notice you didn't credit me I'll just ask you to do it. I can't help you with the laziness though :P

7 minutes ago, Skjold said:

Looks real nice.

Thanks ^^

On 22.9.2017 at 12:11 PM, AmazingWolfGamer said:

im a really big fan of portal i also make portal rig, i love this rig so much! +1

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Noice!!!! but uuuh.. @Square789...whats with all the //?? xD

I just wanted some sort of list indicator because I split the topic in these different supgroups. Also, as everyone knows, // looks very cool.