Coming soon...

5 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

i'm so confused..is this NEEDED for making MOdels for MI? i thought it would support .json models. is this the only model creator that MI can use? SOMEONE TELL ME!!! xD

It is needed unless you consider stacking and parenting cubes together in Mine-Imator itself modeling. And this generates .json models. It allows them to be easily made and previewed rather than being programmed by hand.

3 minutes ago, Ezcha said:

It is needed unless you consider stacking and parenting cubes together in Mine-Imator itself modeling. And this generates .json models. It allows them to be easily made and previewed rather than being programmed by hand.

my question was, does THIS MODEL CREATOR HAVE to be used to make it?? theres many more model creators out there. Whats wrong with any other model make? why is everyone so exited?! WHATS DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS ONE!?(not mad, just i want to know)

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

my question was, does THIS MODEL CREATOR HAVE to be used to make it?? theres many more model creators out there. Whats wrong with any other model make? why is everyone so exited?! WHATS DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS ONE!?(not mad, just i want to know)

Mine-imator needs it own format to work correctly. It's much easy for David and Nimi to implement it using their own format. This modeler exports that format, and is the only program that can. You could do it by writing the .json file by hand, but that would be slow and tedious.

1 minute ago, Ezcha said:

Mine-imator needs it own format to work correctly. It's much easy for David and Nimi to implement it using their own format. This modeler exports that format, and is the only program that can. You could do it by writing the .json file by hand, but that would be slow and tedious.

Minecraft has .json models. Does MI now use a different format of .json models? i cant imagine it will, considering MI will support MINECRAFT resource pack MODELS!!!! so unless MI converts a MC resource pack model....

5 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Minecraft has .json models. Does MI now use a different format of .json models? i cant imagine it will, considering MI will support MINECRAFT resource pack MODELS!!!! so unless MI converts a MC resource pack model....

.json files are used for several things. One program that exports .json files can be completely different than Mine-Imator. Mine-Imator will not know how to read those files. it will not understand model files unless they are from Modelbench. So the Minecraft model format and the Modelbench format both use .jsons, but that does not mean they are cross compatible. 

For example, Minecrafts model format could be something like this (I am just making this up for an example)

{
  "name": "Balloonicorn",
  "dimensions": [1, 2, 3]
}

While the Modelbench format could be like this:

{
  "title": "Balloonicorn",
  "shape": [1, 2, 3]
}

So while they have similar uses, the programs cannot read it unless it is made for that program.

7 minutes ago, Ezcha said:

.json files are used for several things. One program that exports .json files can be completely different than Mine-Imator. Mine-Imator will not know how to read those files. it will not understand model files unless they are from Modelbench. So the Minecraft model format and the Modelbench format both use .jsons, but that does not mean they are cross compatible. 

For example, Minecrafts model format could be something like this (I am just making this up for an example)

{
  "name": "Balloonicorn",
  "dimensions": [1, 2, 3]
}

While the Modelbench format could be like this:

{
  "title": "Balloonicorn",
  "shape": [1, 2, 3]
}

So while they have similar uses, the programs cannot read it unless it is made for that program.

okay, but since the new MI will support MC resource pack models, it stands to reason that MI's models will be in the same format as MC. Maybe, this model creator has extra features, cause maybe MI models will have something MC models dont...we'll see
it was a good argument, but we could go on forever and no one would win. besides, neither one of us can prove the other right or wrong. so lets drop it, hmm?

{
    "ambientocclusion": false,
    "textures": {
        "particle": "blocks/waterlily",
        "texture": "blocks/waterlily"
    },
    "elements": [
        {   "from": [ 0, 0.25, 0 ],
            "to": [ 16, 0.25, 16 ],
            "faces": {
                "down":  { "uv": [ 16, 16, 0,  0 ], "texture": "#texture", "tintindex": 0 },
                "up":    { "uv": [ 16,  0, 0, 16 ], "texture": "#texture", "tintindex": 0 }
            }
        }
    ]
}

this is the .json model for a lily pad in MC(its just what i had handy from the pack i'm making)

what i mean is, why would MI models need to be any different?

4 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

okay, but since the new MI will support MC resource pack models, it stands to reason that MI's models will be in the same format as MC. Maybe, this model creator has extra features, cause maybe MI models will have something MC models dont...we'll see
it was a good argument, but we could go on forever and no one would win. besides, neither one of us can prove the other right or wrong. so lets drop it, hmm?

I am not sure how completely true it is that the new Mine-Imator update will support MC models, I haven't heard of that. And the modeler does have extra features that Minecraft doesn't have, such as bending.

And I can prove you right. (Didn't know we were arguing though.)

svp4qqP.png

Edit: I read David's topic on the upcoming update and didn't see anything that said it will load resource pack models. Just .json models, which he was referencing to Modelbench before the public knew it existed.

Edited by Ezcha
More info

8 minutes ago, Ezcha said:

I am not sure how completely true it is that the new Mine-Imator update will support MC models, I haven't heard of that. And the modeler does have extra features that Minecraft doesn't have, such as bending.

And I can prove you right. (Didn't know we were arguing though.)

svp4qqP.png

Edit: I read David's topic on the upcoming update and didn't see anything that said it will load resource pack models. Just .json models, which he was referencing to Modelbench before the public knew it existed.

Untitled.png

there!

7 hours ago, hiendiep55 said:

So can you import 3D texture pack model to mine-imator 

7 hours ago, Cube Productions said:

Yes apparently

No, It reads something like .mimm and .object files that only work for MI.

53 minutes ago, Ezcha said:

I asked David and he said that it will only have block models, and Minecraft doesn't support custom entity models.

ik...i never said entity models....oh! i see now what you mean....you think that the ENTITY models might be a different .json format than block models?

33 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

ik...i never said entity models....oh! i see now what you mean....you think that the ENTITY models might be a different .json format than block models?

...what

Modelbench is just for character models. Minecraft's block format and Modelbench's character model formats are going to be different.

Edited by Ezcha

13 hours ago, TheIanPlays88 said:

PLEASE CALL A MEDIC IM HAVING A HEART ATACK

SORRY BAD ENGLISH

Actually other then the grammar error, and the one T missing from attack it's perfect english lol.

I'm* 

and Attack* 

Attack is a typo, most likely.
I've spelled it like that accidentally sometimes.

1 hour ago, Che3syPlayz said:

Actually other then the grammar error, and the one T missing from attack it's perfect english lol.

I'm* 

and Attack* 

Attack is a typo, most likely.
I've spelled it like that accidentally sometimes.

What was the point in this exactly?

How much have you done with ModelBench right now? (As in, can you make cubes already? Or have you only just started working on it?)

1 minute ago, Sonicxryan said:

What was the point in this exactly?

How much have you done with ModelBench right now? (As in, can you make cubes already? Or have you only just started working on it?)

I don't know the point of it tbh.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh