The Heist [Minecraft Animation]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

i really liked the opening scene, it was a good example of how panoramic shots should be.

However, the rest of the animation I felt, overused the panoramic shots. The animation felt slow and boring after a while.

The animation was good, and the scene with the pool ball, and the foreshadowing of the scene at the beginning was very clever.

Overall good job!

2 hours ago, KrisFirebolt said:

Wow, the beginning was really cool with the city and the use of highly detailed cars. I like it.

Glad you liked it! It took a while to render that.

Just now, FoxtrotHeaven said:

i really liked the opening scene, it was a good example of how panoramic shots should be.

However, the rest of the animation I felt, overused the panoramic shots. The animation felt slow and boring after a while.

The animation was good, and the scene with the pool ball, and the foreshadowing of the scene at the beginning was very clever.

Overall good job!

All very good points. I will consider that next time! Thank you!

9 hours ago, KrisFirebolt said:

I bet it did! My computer would never want to handle that much without making noises and constantly freezing. xD

Oh, I had my fair share of freezing lol. The scene with the Theatre outside took like 8 hrs to render....

Definitely give props for the ambitious length and scope of this animation. The opening scene was done well, and with a fair amount of detail that's not often seen in Mine-imator projects.

My suggestions for the future would be to improve the walk cycles a bit, use Depth of Field, and maybe up the Buffer size for the lighting (or maybe the sunlight range was to blame?) for better shadows.

Either way, this shows a lot of promise, so keep it up! ;)

21 hours ago, AnxiousCynic said:

Definitely give props for the ambitious length and scope of this animation. The opening scene was done well, and with a fair amount of detail that's not often seen in Mine-imator projects.

My suggestions for the future would be to improve the walk cycles a bit, use Depth of Field, and maybe up the Buffer size for the lighting (or maybe the sunlight range was to blame?) for better shadows.

Either way, this shows a lot of promise, so keep it up! ;)

I'm glad to hear you liked the opening scene! It was by far the hardest to work with given my extremely limited Pc. I'm working on building a new Pc with better specs so I can comfortably raise the buffer size. I completely agree with you on the walk cycles, I need to work on them. And yeah, I've already planned to focus more on DoF going forward. 

Thanks for the Feedback!