Blender To Mine-imator Rigs.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Is it possible to import models from the blender to mine-imator? I mean, if you make the model precisely Square in the blender...

And even if it's 000,000.001% chance, it still means that it's not impossible.

Edited by ViniciusbrMaster

11 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

In the upcoming update, possibly.

Nope. Blender exports geometry data to object files, which Mine-imator doesn't read. Mine-imator's object system contains no geometry data, just values that point to built-in shapes Mine-imator has. Even if you export a cube from Blender, it'll still be made up of geometry data and doesn't include a hierarchy system for the object along with the values the object(s) should have. What the next update will support, is loading block json files from Minecraft along with an original file format(in json format) for characters and special blocks due to Minecraft not having json files for mobs and the such. Hope that clears things up.

So the answer to this question would be; No, it's not possible, not even in the next update.

1 hour ago, Nimi said:

Nope. Blender exports geometry data to object files, which Mine-imator doesn't read. Mine-imator's object system contains no geometry data, just values that point to built-in shapes Mine-imator has. Even if you export a cube from Blender, it'll still be made up of geometry data and doesn't include a hierarchy system for the object along with the values the object(s) should have. What the next update will support, is loading block json files from Minecraft along with an original file format(in json format) for characters and special blocks due to Minecraft not having json files for mobs and the such. Hope that clears things up.

So the answer to this question would be; No, it's not possible, not even in the next update.

Any chance of changing the mine-imator system to such requirements you said? (I'm not telling you to change, only if there is a possibility.)

Edited by ViniciusbrMaster

6 minutes ago, Nimi said:

I don't see it happening in the near or far future.

David has taken control after you discontinued the comunity edition. I still use the original myself, and am just fine with it. I can't really tell between the comunity, and original on what has changed other than the new bloom effect, and the different default color scheme. Will the original be updated as well? Or will he just work on the comunity edition?

5 minutes ago, Craftman780 said:

David has taken control after you discontinued the comunity edition. I still use the original myself, and am just fine with it. I can't really tell between the comunity, and original on what has changed other than the new bloom effect, and the different default color scheme. Will the original be updated as well? Or will he just work on the comunity edition?

David is updating 1.0.6, not the community version.