ERASED [Mine-Imator Animation]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Welp, another failed animation :sweat:. I had a lot of trouble with this animation due to the Windows 10 Creator Update causing some files to corrupt which lead to me putting an end to the animation. Also, sorry for the ads that appear on the video. I didn't know that the song was copyrighted til halfway through animating :wacko:.

Credits: Facial rig by: @SKIBBZ

The last part with the wall cracking is pretty impressive, but everything else was a bit meh.

The First part which I guess is the introduction wasn't really too strong.

So we start off with Blue Stevfe standing up and appears to me that he must have been forced to teleport somewhere else in an environment where he has some disadvantage. We then present in an opponent grey Steve. I wasn't sure why he teleported in though.

Was he the one who teleported blue in the city?

Was their some meeting the two agreed on before the fight, but that wouldn't make sense because blue got off the ground as if he were knocked out or something.

From what I could tell this didn't make too much sense, Grey and Blue were not showing any sort of emotion, while yes. You don't need a mouth to express a emotions. You could have moved the eyebrows a bet up or down to convey a sense of anger in grey or fear in blue. All I saw was the same expressions, while their were slight movements of the pupils to get an idea of their focus. More noticeable movements of eyebrows could've made the animation a lot better.

I didn't exactly notice it at first, but the part when blue Steve was giving grey steve a weapon seemed a bit of an interesting idea.  Giving us an idea how honorable blue Steve is when it comes down to a fight. And then when grey closes the offer. we could get an idea that maybe grey could be way too prideful in his abilities or that he would want to take his opponent down so badly, he would want to take it personally fist to fist. And when blue notices the fact that his offer is declined; he could be in major shock or fear as to he is getting an idea how powerful he is. 

But due to no actual eyebrow movement, I got no idea what emotion the characters feel and due to their similar eye movement and skin. I didn't even notice this bit. Once Grey neglected the offer. We didn't even see how blue felt afterward, we just skip to grey showing off expelling energy. That part could have been removed and if the sword neglect  had more attention. We could've gotten a better idea on how the odds are in this fight.(Plus Grey never emitted any energy attacks so that was pointless)

We then get a couple of shots of them starring at each-other in the same expression. Then we get another of blue Steve having white eyes...

Aside from my whole hate on the Herobrine creepy pasta. I'm just going to say that now. We get an idea that blue Steve is INSANELY powerful. This makes the viewer rooting for blue Steve pointless. I could disagree saying the whole sword thing was an indication to grey that he was telling him he needed a weapon because if he didn't he could die easily. I'm not sure of Herobrine is another mind(Like Ati) Or blue Steve just doesn't want to fight. But from that transition we don't know if he is doing it within his will or is something he can't control. The Herobrine flash could be a warning to grey. but grey shows no expression and attempts to punch blue steve. 

This is where the fight sequence begins and I found this fight to be extremely dull.

For one I don't see a confused expression upon grey Steve once he realizes the teleportation due to the dark lighting. It may look better if Herobrine WAS shown black only and we could clearly see grey. A possible better option is have grey's eyes glow to show his confusion and the realization that Herobrine is behind him.

So when we get to grey, this possibly may be the dumbest kick I seen in a fight. For one Grey Didn't really have any build up to his kick. He just swung his leg at Herobrine as if he thought it would be an actual kick. He wouldn't even need to kick. Because after looking at the shot several times I noticed Herobrine teleport in range off-screen for no reason.

Now for scenes involving conversations. It's fine to teleport the character where it's needed. But in a fight scene. It's a huge no-no. 

Back on the kick, Now this is where I find the most stupid. You got a guy who is pretty strong and relies on his hand to hand combat to take down opponents. Since he is fighting something so powerful, We should get an idea that he is not fooling around. But here is the part that breaks all the logic.

He just wings his leg and just turns his head around away from the opponent. Herobrine didn't even NEED to teleport to surprise him. This just doesn't make any real sense especially for a fight scene. Yet he...Turns around slowly? It's like he is ASKING to get punched in the back of the head!

And we finally get to the final and only good part. So Herobrine teleports anyway and he punches him in the back of the head. (Not sure if he is intending to kill or suffer his opponent painfully but I will let it slide)

I actually looked at some of the details on last few shots. we see a crack on the wall as well as a block falling to the side. Giving us the  idea that the impact was powerful.

And that's pretty much the animation.

Sure their were a lot of negative things i noticed. I will say the movements do feeling very smooth and some shots are very well done. While a few shots overused in MC fights, Overall they were alright.

Now the only reason why I spent 20 minutes of my time typing this comment and nitpicking many things was mainly to help you improve. While I did quit working on M.I a while ago [And have really bad animations] I'm still willing to critic and support a few creations to help others like you. So please be glad I spent a considerable amount of time typing out as many flaws as possible. I could've easily just went to another page and type nothing, but I typed anyway because, well why not :/

EDIT: And the music in the beginning was well fit as well as the syncing, but then when the first punch happened, it had a happy tone and just really didn't fit, that's all I have to say music wise.

Edited by Ninjabee_Redtricity

17 hours ago, Ninjabee_Redtricity said:

- Snip -

Thanks for the criticism, really appreciate it :D! The animation was originally just test, but it ended up being longer than what I would consider a test animation to be. There were going to be some other things in the animation that would've conveyed what they were fighting for and some other plot points like how the grey Steve wasn't going full out at the beginning, he wanted to see what "Herobrine" could do (I decided to turn the "Blue Steve" into "Herobrine" halfway through animating since it seemed edgy :sweat:, and it changed the atmosphere of the animation to a more serious tone). The fight was going to start off light and get more serious, but I ended the animation before it got to that xD.

So to address some of the "Story line" points you made (Although this animation didn't really have much of a "Story line" to begin with :wacko:).

At the beginning, "Blue" was pretty much just chilling on the ground since he noticed the Grey Steve's presence, I guess you could say.

Blue had a more cocky attitude in the animation. You can tell that from him raising one eyebrow higher than the other to show interest towards the Grey Steve when Grey flashes an angry look at him. He also gives Grey a sword with a cocky look on his face to show that Grey isn't someone worth fighting against. I didn't add much emotion to Blue since he was bored of the fight, and I focused more on the emotions that Grey was conveying, since he was the one looking for a fight with Blue. The teleportation that Herobrine does was what I thought was a characteristic of him, since he usually teleports in animations or other videos that I've seen him in although it might've not been necessary in response to the kick.

The "Story line" (If you could say that :sweat:) was that Herobrine took over the position of Steve and was disguising as him. Grey Steve wants to take back the position of being Steve, and that's pretty much it for the story line. I might've continued the story line more in depth if it hadn't started out as a test animation. The animation wasn't supposed to be a full fledged thing, it was just a way for me to practice some scenes that "could be" in my next big animation.

Also the kick you mentioned, yeah it was pretty bad. I was going to go back and revise it, but since I never finished it, I decided not to. All of the fighting parts in the animation were animated frame by frame, so I spent around 5 hours on a scene that only happens for 3 seconds or so. It was also my first time animating frame by frame rather than heavily depending on transitions and getting used to it, so that I could apply it to another animation that I would be working on which could explain some choppy movements in the animation.

Anyways, thanks for the criticism :D! I'm not really that great of an animator, so I've still got a long way to go towards being an above average animator at the very least. I wouldn't have posted this animation if I had to be honest with you, but since people from my live streams were expecting it, and me not having enough content on my channel for the meantime as I go on to animate a bigger project that could take months to animate, I decided to post it and give my viewers some content at the very least.

Edited by SahnzAnimation