Minecraft Animated Short | Aliens (Advice Desperately Needed)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi,

I've been doing YT for almost 4 years now, but it hasn't been going well, with only 143 subs and only around 15 views per vid. Yes 4 years and that's it after so long, so all support is very, very, very, very welcome. Check out one of my latest videos if you want to learn more about my channel.

Anyway, here is my second animation. I hope you enjoy it:

uh, ok? lol

Heres some criticism: There's no indication that there were aliens in the video other than the fact of steve going up like hes being abducted. If the title wasn't Aliens I would think that this was just a random animation with people flying everywhere. Maybe have a beam of light come down from the sky and then he flies up?

anyways it was pretty cool. Keep on practicing dood.

12 minutes ago, DragonKun said:

Maybe have a beam of light come down from the sky and then he flies up?

I tried adding it but one of two things would happen, either the light would not appear or it would be constantly on, even if the light is not facing the scene.

16 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

Well done!

Thanks so much. It's now my 5th animation, and 3rd on my channel. Hoping on making it a bigger part of my channel.

Wow, almost 150 subs? I need to start making herobrine Minecraft animations.

Ontopic: This video deserves the "ok" response. A short (6-20 seconds) should have a really big punchline to be good. This animation was really slow paced and didn't have much meaning. Think of vines if you making a short like this.

Advice for your channel:

Upload as much as possible but with the best quality as possible. Dedication will bring you forward. Also clickbait titles.

Edited by GbStudio

2 minutes ago, avrona said:

Sadly that's all after 4 years of work on the channel.

Subs arent everything. My "main" channel has 84 subs but I still get constant views. I get 1,000 views a month (not much) but without making videos. The reason I don't get subs is because I make tutorial videos on different topics. I am willing to bet that if I made gameplay tutorials or Minecraft animations, my channel would skyrocket but I'm too lazy for that.

My advice for your specific channel: Either start focusing on only Minecraft animations or on gameplay videos. Just make sure you look as professional as possible

13 minutes ago, GbStudio said:

Subs arent everything. My "main" channel has 84 subs but I still get constant views. I get 1,000 views a month (not much) but without making videos.

Sadly I haven't got the views either. Only get around 15 views per video and around 2 comments a month.

3 hours ago, avrona said:

Sadly I haven't got the views either. Only get around 15 views per video and around 2 comments a month.

I don't understand what just happened but for a noob it isn't bad persay... Just do what Mrpops said.

Btw you have 150 subs and I have 89... That's way better if you ask me. But, I wouldn't say my views are doing that bad. All I can say is to practice and research what your trying to do on YouTube, see how you can improve. Good luck! :D 

17 minutes ago, Cybernetic Cinema said:

I don't understand what just happened but for a noob it isn't bad persay

Again, been doing animations for quite a while already.

18 minutes ago, Cybernetic Cinema said:

All I can say is to practice and research what your trying to do on YouTube

Already doing that.

boi this animation, there were like no bends, you couldn't see the flatland's and i half to agree on an earlier comment no indication of aliens and why did the guy go up into the sky first i thought it would be more hilarious to lift the cow in the air and have the person chase after because you always see the cow being lifted up first.

4 hours ago, avrona said:

How? Just saying that doesn't really help..

Well, first you should improve your character movement. Try looking up tutorials on YouTube and practice on it a lot. Or maybe just practice random movements like walking, looking around, or waving your hand and use a video of a real life person as reference. Do that until you're really good at movement. I think you'll find these videos helpful as well.

Second is that you should improve your lighting. Again, this can be accomplished with YouTube tutorials. Also practice a lot on it. Or maybe even experiment with different ways of lighting up your scene.

Third is to continue to make animations. But I think you already got this one down.

Now here's some more advice if you want to get more subs on YouTube. First is that you should keep your channel organized with only one type of video. That means that you should stick with either animation or lets plays. Or you can make separate channels for both. Second is that you have to endure becoming a monster, and use the most click-bait titles you can think of. Unless you're not into that kind of stuff. Finally you should upload animations that are at least one minute long to your channel. Animations that are under a minute usually don't catch the attention of viewers.