Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 minute ago, tditdatdwt said:

Yet you still somehow thought that forumers used to be nice but now aren't..?

i can't believe I just reread all of those comments again... Anyways I never said the forums aren't nice anymore, just in my opinion the forums aren't as nice as it used to be. I can sit here all day repeating what you already know tditdatdwt, but my opinion will stand in my mind. yours will in your mind, and the same with everyone else. We all will not have the same exact opinion on the matter and I can understand that, I will not try and persuade you to think the same way I do, but I will stand my ground in what I believe in and not have my opinion swerved. But to end it off, thanks for stating your opinions guys. :)

Just now, Cybernetic Cinema said:

i can't believe I just reread all of those comments again... Anyways I never said the forums aren't nice anymore, just in my opinion the forums aren't as nice as it used to be. I can sit here all day repeating what you already know tditdatdwt, but my opinion will stand in my mind. yours will in your mind, and the same with everyone else. We all will not have the same exact opinion on the matter and I can understand that, I will not try and persuade you to think the same way I do, but I will stand my ground in what I believe in and not have my opinion swerved. But to end it off, thanks for stating your opinions guys. :)

The forced niceness and trying so hard not to offend hurts, but regardless, dare I say that you are objectively wrong. I'm really not sure how you can't see how everyone is trying to be nice now, compared to the past where people like old-Voxelizer made fun of everything.. with gifs even.

1 hour ago, tditdatdwt said:

The forced niceness and trying so hard not to offend hurts, but regardless, dare I say that you are objectively wrong. I'm really not sure how you can't see how everyone is trying to be nice now, compared to the past where people like old-Voxelizer made fun of everything.. with gifs even.

Even if everyone is trying to be nicer, then there might be still a small group of people who still make others uncomfortable with the way they say things to them (mostly newbies). And as humans we are, we use to remember for the most part, the bad things. 

Maybe what you're looking for here, is that @Cybernetic Cinema falls into the last thing I said.

I'd like to highlight that first part as I'm going to talk about it. What do we want to do here on the Mine-Imator Forums? What's our objective as a community? All of our actions I've seen imply that our objective is obviously to make better content in a way that it doesn't "harm" others, gain respect as a community, keep making better content, motivate and help others to do so, enjoy what we do and possibly get something more important of it in our lifes. When you're criticizing someone's work, you're criticizing another content creator that will potentially contribute with something in the future, benefit the whole community in a small way and help in getting our objective.

When you say things that they see as rude, you're slowing down the process, unmotivating them and make them feel bad when they realise that they shouldn't have took the criticism in a bad way. You know exactly that sometimes, their minds won't allow them to act in a good way and yet some people still give the same reply others see as rude and therefore complain they act like that.

Here goes the question: Do we want to be completely free of our toughts with a perjudicial side effect on the community or do we want to be "nicer" and help us grow faster?

Because everyone is completely free of doing what they like, as long as they don't hurt anyone (not an opinion, it's what the human rights say (or something...)). Maybe just make a little sacrifice for everyone, because there's a bigger reward at the end.

I prefer to be nice with everyone, even newbies, because I know they like it, that it makes them move and possibly even make friends easier, who knows? I know people don't have the same patience as I do, but at least I want them to think about it this way.

Cybernetic Cinema here goes another opinion L:

Edited by -StickyMations-
holy christ i did not expect to write that much

10 minutes ago, tditdatdwt said:

My point is that forums in the past weren't "nicer" as suggested. And I'm not talking about "forced niceness" in general, I'm talking about one person is specific.

I see now.

And maybe I'd also like to add to my comment that it's not just about "forced niceness", but also comments some see as rude and why those are unnecesary. Personally, I couldn't care less on what others say to me, but It's for newbies and others that I'm talking about.