Human Body bending SIDEWAYS

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

First post!!

This feature came to my mind when I'm watching blender rigs tutorial stuff, which is called, "Body bending sideways."

Mine-imator has a feature of the body bending forward, and backward, but no sideways. So I would ask @david or @Nimi to add this in Mine-imator 1.0.7 and in Community Edition.

Body bending sideways might change Mine-imator and its creators. This feature might be helpful for fighting animations, dancing animations and more.

How does that sound?

Time to write a paragraph on why I won't add it;

The way Mine-imator's models work is drastically different from other animation programs. While other programs can have meshes subdivided into small quadrilateral primitives and be modified through bones and weight painting, Mine-imator renders it's bending through two models(Top half, bottom half of the model) made in a model creator that exported as a long list of vertex functions, and then renders the difference between the end points of the models. Mine-imator doesn't use quadrilateral primitives for rendering it's models, but rather triangle geometry.(Turn wind to max with water/ lava and you'll see the triangles.) If Mine-imator were to use quadrilateral primitives, all of the models(Blocks, items, mobs, ect.) in the program would have to be re-modeled to work with the quadrilateral and subdividing-compatible system.

TLDR; Not going to add it.

(Oh, and I'm not taking suggestions.)

Edited by Nimi

The way Mine-imator's models work is drastically different from other animation programs. While other programs can have meshes subdivided into small quadrilateral primitives and be modified through bones and weight painting, Mine-imator renders it's bending through two models(Top half, bottom half of the model) made in a model creator that exported as a long list of vertex functions, and then renders the difference between the end points of the models. Mine-imator doesn't use quadrilateral primitives for rendering it's models, but rather triangle geometry.(Turn wind to max with water/ lava and you'll see the triangles.) If Mine-imator were to use quadrilateral primitives, all of the models(Blocks, items, mobs, ect.) in the program would have to be re-modeled to work with the quadrilateral and subdividing-compatible system.

Who here had absolutely no idea what Nimi just said

In simpler words: " i'd have to re-model everything, and it would lag a lot"

On 2/18/2017 at 10:47 PM, Nimi said:

tumblr_mqvtr2Hr0t1s3mnlxo1_400.gif

This is me trying to understand that.