Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The first half was alright for a beginner.

But then the second half...

Lemme tell ya something: Please do not put sexual content into your videos. Or at least put a warning in the topic or the video title.

Aside from that, here are some tips:

• Good camera movements, but maybe try Depth of Field on it.
  • The movements are too... Choppy could be the right term? Experiment with different Transitions when moving objects and characters.
  • When the girl brings out the cake, it clips through the wall and the door. That generally doesn't look too appealing.
  • The background could use more interesting scenery. Maybe a town or a forest, just don't let flatlands show.
  • The story was sort of hard to follow. That has a little to do with the lack of transitions in the characters.
  • When he opens the door, it rotates in a strange manner. I would suggest changing the custom rotation point so it looks more accurate.
  • The torches do not give light or fire, which doesn't look good and is ironic given that they're torches.
  • The scene could do with more contrast in the lighting. Even just a candle or something would provide for your scene's contrast.
  • It looks a little strange to have movements without limbs bending switch into movements with bending.
  • Sometimes the characters are underposed, or not posed at all. Even just rotating and bending the legs and arms a tiny bit makes it look more appealing and more professional.

That's all I've got. Don't be discouraged and keep at it.

The first half was alright for a beginner.

But then the second half...

Lemme tell ya something: Please do not put sexual content into your videos. Or at least put a warning in the topic or the video title.

Aside from that, here are some tips:

• Good camera movements, but maybe try Depth of Field on it.
  • The movements are too... Choppy could be the right term? Experiment with different Transitions when moving objects and characters.
  • When the girl brings out the cake, it clips through the wall and the door. That generally doesn't look too appealing.
  • The background could use more interesting scenery. Maybe a town or a forest, just don't let flatlands show.
  • The story was sort of hard to follow. That has a little to do with the lack of transitions in the characters.
  • When he opens the door, it rotates in a strange manner. I would suggest changing the custom rotation point so it looks more accurate.
  • The torches do not give light or fire, which doesn't look good and is ironic given that they're torches.
  • The scene could do with more contrast in the lighting. Even just a candle or something would provide for your scene's contrast.
  • It looks a little strange to have movements without limbs bending switch into movements with bending.
  • Sometimes the characters are underposed, or not posed at all. Even just rotating and bending the legs and arms a tiny bit makes it look more appealing and more professional.

That's all I've got. Don't be discouraged and keep at it.

Thanks for all your advices :thumbsup: I'll analyze them! 

Well, it's pretty good for a first animation...

here are some tips:

• When the old man holds the emerald, you can tell it's not parented. Try parenting it. Sadly, you can't keyframe parenting Mine-Imator, so for when the man passes the emerald to the girl, make a copy, parent it to the girl's hand, and make the positioning roughly the same as the emerald parented to the old man, and use the visibility feature at the right time
  • Try using different transitions, it makes a huge difference (If you use them right)
  • Add a custom rotation point to the door
  • Try adding more scenery, example: Instead of that flat land you could import a piece from a minecraft world, and if you don't have minecraft, use one of the schematics MI comes with.
  • Try adding more lighting, it makes it look more professional.
  • When they're standing still, try moving the body parts slightly instead of being in the default position.
  • Try adding effects, like depth of field, mess with the SSAO, etc.
Edited by iiBerry_