Halo UNSC Battle Group (spaceships)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This is an animation of some UNSC ships in a battleground, I believe I am the first one to do this. I'd like to get some good feedback and some advice on how to make this look better in the future and less amateurish because I want to make a space battle next time.

Somethings I noticed I should work on is having a contrast of speed. Next time I should make the small fighters going faster than the ships for more motion. I also think the lightning can be better but not sure on how to do that.

Edited by CraftyFoxe

With proper lighting and a more accurate sky this could look stunning.

Although i can't tell if you are actually using a skybox or just a static background image, because you never move the camera itself. (Unless you do, in that case it would be a background image.)

Subtle camera movements with a skybox would add some gentle twinkling in the stars, which would look nice.

As a side note, you should try making exhaust for those massive engines on the back of the capital ship (and the others of course). Using a few sheets textured with large blue-ish flames and arranging them to create a nice round-ish exhaust would be a pretty nice touch.

Something like this if my explanation was bad;

Image result for space ship exhaust 

Edited by EpicJ
If i knew how to do spoilers i would.