Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello fellow animators!

I recently installed Mine-imator to start making some Minecraft short videos. I chose Aesop's fables as a short stories to base my animations on. I'm still on my first animation as I'm learning the program, which is rather easy. I have a lot of experience in movie making and editing. And some in 3D software manipulation.

My plan is to stay true to Minecraft vanilla style with skins, characters, colors, objects and all, with some nice cinematic DOF. For the first animation I chose Aesop's fable: The Fox and the Raven. I started modelling the first world in the Mine-imator, block by block (with some repeating ones). It is supposed to be a simple cute cube world. Besides that, I am using:

• wolf character with a fox skin
  • bird rig which I found here on the forum somewhere. Bird was blue but I changed it to black and added lower beak part
  • nice slice of cheese, custom made from editing items.png (replaced Pink Dye in Photoshop)
  • slow piano music which I made myself

Currently, I'm recording my vocal as I'm the narrator. I plan to record the narrative in English and in my native tongue, Croatian. Also, I'm playing with the camera to find the best angles and positions. I must add a jaw to the fox so it looks better while it talks. I plan to only use Mine-imator and output the final video in Mine-imator, so I don't have to use Adobe Premiere at all.

Below you can find few stills from the unfinished animation.

00.png

02.png

03.png

Any suggestion and commenting is welcome! I will be posting my progress here.

Live long and prosper my fellow Mine-imators!

Edited by Tom La
some changes

Oh thank you guys for the supporting comments and suggestions.

@Ozeum20, I have Adobe Premiere installed and I edit my video with it, but for these animations I'll try to do everything in Mine-imator; even the titles and color grading ;).

@Tumluss, yes I agree on the shadows. I did fiddle with shadows, the sun and even added a spotlight to the scene but somehow the shadows came out too diffused and barely visible. I must make them stronger in the scene, as they add a lot of depth and dimension. Must work on them more.

This is a comparison how the scene looks with and without the fancy lights and shadows:

00.jpg