Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

this topic is a good place to get some reputation.

just type up some improvements or some fuss or frustration or some things that people tend to understand. 

Look at all the reputation given out to Skibbz, Ethan and Emaniplex comments.

Ethan I guess this is how you get a lot of reputation along with the other two.

I'm gonna use this method too xD.

Honest Comment

Spoiler

(No srsly Ethan just cool yourself down and not start a fight with people especially good "people")

I kinda think that you're just a jealous jerk

. What you're saying is fine don't over edit, but don't involve with people who tend to do it. 

You recreated Skibbz wallpaper and then boy, you threw an insult at him.

To actually think of it I'm throwing you insults too. (sorry)

Edited by Artamiel Crescent

2 minutes ago, Artamiel Crescent said:

(No srsly Ethan just cool yourself down and not start a fight with people especially good "people")

I kinda think that you're just a jealous jerk

. What you're saying is fine don't over edit, but don't involve with people who tend to do it. 

You recreated Skibbz wallpaper and then boy, you threw an insult at him.

You're creating a rebellion against Skibbz overediting style so and come to think of it you got people who believe that and you're creating an army against Skibbz.

To actually think of it I'm throwing you insults too. (sorry)

I am not jealous, I am annoyed. I never threw an insult at him. I dont have an clue what you mean when I am creating a "rebellion" and an "army." 

1 minute ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

I am not jealous, I am annoyed. I never threw an insult at him. I dont have an clue what you mean when I am creating a "rebellion" and an "army." 

Yes, this whole topic is an insult to him.

You never cared for any one then why so annoyed by a single person?

Neither Skibbz's or yours are any better than each other.

Yours is simpler and plainer in terms of colour and depth.

Skibbz's is more stylized and honestly is a better recreation of the source material. (In terms of sheer likeness with the posing and the framing and various other features. And yes, I am aware that the nobility in your version has blue hair and a crown.)

However both are equally sub par. There's no improvement here. Anything you have done has been counteracted by the lack of similarity to the source and the bland lighting/noisy DoF/i could list problems for a while.

There's no shame in editing. Infact, without editing, skibbz's wallpaper would likely have looked worse.

My point is, Don't go hating on what people choose to do. Your 'improvement' is barely an improvement, (In my opinion, of course.) and you should just accept that some people prefer edited images. It's fine to dislike what Skibbz does. But when you try to re-do his work to prove a point it doesn't really shine on you well.

6 out of 10 work on your mood lighting and depth of field kthx.

Edited by EpicJ

OK OK OK!!! THIS TOPIC IS SOON A WAR HERE!!! YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!?!? EVERYONE IS A GOOD WALLPAPER AND ANIMATOR!!! NO ONE IS BAD!!! (i have read the comments) LIKE I AM NOT ON SKIBBZ SIDE OR ETHANS SIDE! I LIKE THEM BOTH, THEY ARE BOTH AWESOME! EVERYONE ON THE FORUM ARE AWESOME AND CREATIVE!

AND I SAY THAT WE JUST STOP FIGHTING ABOUT THIS AND THEN JUST LET PEOPLE CREATE WHAT THEY WANT. USE OVER EDITED EFFECTS OR DONT USE ANY IF YOU WANT TO. i am sorry for being so mad... but its just that everyone just tries to protect skibbz by giving hate on ethan and stuff but everyone on the forums are on the same level... its good by giving opinions so you know how you can inprove and stuff... k i dont really know what i am saying... but please stop fighting... i get scared of all the people fighting and stuff here and insults everyone and stuff... im just gonna leave slowly and go back to my corner in my room... bye...*p.s call me whatever you want cause i dont really care if someone insults me ._.*

Okay, Ethan. *sigh* I am seeing a bit of idiocracy, and a bit of jealousy.

You are bashing Skibbz because he is a good animator and people respect him and look up to him.

If you want to be known, start by not making hate topics.

Your wallpaper is great, a matter of fact its better than any non-edited ones I've seen.

But you did that just to bash on Skibbz?

That's a bit stupid my friend.

He's basically a mine-imator pewdiepie.

So next time, think of a different way do release your anger.

I rest my case

2 hours ago, Foxtrot0806 said:

Okay, Ethan. *sigh* I am seeing a bit of idiocracy, and a bit of jealousy.

Ive said it before already many times in this topic, I am not jealousy, I am annoyed. 

You are bashing Skibbz because he is a good animator and people respect him and look up to him.

I never said anything to bash him. I dont think he is all that good.

If you want to be known, start by not making hate topics

Im already known for the most part.

But you did that just to bash on Skibbz?

I did not, I have already explained what I wanted to do in this topic.

He's basically a mine-imator pewdiepie.

This is exactly why I am annoyed. He is not that good, yes his stuff is cool but it's not that good. He is NOT a god. Besides, I dont like pewdiepie either.

4 hours ago, trashpack05 said:

but its just that everyone just tries to protect Skibbz by giving hate on Ethan

Thank you.

15 hours ago, Emaniplex said:

Art is a subjective field and the amount of editing done onto an artwork neither improves nor diminishes the quality of said artwork (in cases like these).

Some people like taking something ordinary and going over the top with it, as with anime and parodies in media. Other people gravitate toward more simple things like classical art and more authentic material.

Also, there are countless things wrong here: 

One, since when is how easy or difficult something is to do a factor in why you should actually do it in unpaid, leisure art creation?

Two, taking someone else's groundwork, tweaking it, and labeling it as an improvement is snide and uncreative.

Three, anyone could agree with your disgust of Skibbz' art style, but disliking the man himself is low when he's done nothing to earn your contempt. It suggests envy, immaturity, or a mix of the two.

However, I know you, Ethan. You were probably just frustrated over something else in your life and called out Skibbz to validate yourself. He makes for quite a large punching bag, but he's human as well.

I'm confident that you'll grow from this turmoil and come to discover who you really are soon, my friend.

First time I've ever seen you be so harsh :D 
You're fair and mature with it, as always, though. I respect you

21 hours ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

I dont think I am envious. I just find it really annoying how everyone just instantly like Skibbz' things because he's Skibbz. Everyone treats him like a god, but his stuff is mediocre at best, well to me anyway. I have seen people with so much more potential than him, and they are barely recognized. I feel like people are afraid to critique his stuff and they shouldn't be, if you dont like it, tell him.

I like his stuff because I like his stuff.  Not because SKIBBZ made it.

21 hours ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

I dont think I am envious. I just find it really annoying how everyone just instantly like Skibbz' things because he's Skibbz. Everyone treats him like a god, but his stuff is mediocre at best, well to me anyway. I have seen people with so much more potential than him, and they are barely recognized. I feel like people are afraid to critique his stuff and they shouldn't be, if you dont like it, tell him. 

i think this happens all time in the forums.......i think i already see 8 status about that one.

You need to re-evaluate your stance on this. You can't seriously be making this just because SKIBBZ has gotten more attention with his work, and you want to jab at how he does it? Give me a goddamn break. If someone had the potential and they knew it but quit because they were keeping score and someone else got more likes than them? That's their own fault.

Countless times I've seen him try to put other animators who put in hardcore effort into their work, along with some of the other well-known people into the spotlight. Hell, I give a like or two to those that try. But when they fall off the face of the earth because I give them constructive criticism? Then there was nothing I could have said that would help them improve.

Only a few people unlock their potential, and they become regular posters. Hell, I was a regular because I posted a lot (and I still do, just not much content so to speak of) and SKIBBZ is as regular as they come. He worked his ass off as long as I did to get where we are now. (I said we, as in being in the top 5) and if having sooo much trouble while having so much net-worth as a member doesn't mean anything to you, then just stop reading this.

This isn't about the original message, and you know this to be true. The rest can be summed up with what @Emaniplex said. He has valid points, that one.

We should aim to be as diverse as possible, since that's how "real" animation goes anyhow. (I put real in quotes since people think 3D animation can't be as varied as 2D, but I disagree on that one.) Just make something that shines and don't step on anyone along the way. It's a hobby for most, and being this cutthroat for something someone does for free is one thing, and offering constructive criticism is another. Be the adult here and just accept that he does it differently. You don't have to even agree, because I don't agree with some of his methods either. I'm just not aiming to cause tension when I say it.

Edited by ÜberKiller
should be less condescending now :)

1 hour ago, ÜberKiller said:

You need to re-evaluate your stance on this. You can't seriously be making this just because SKIBBZ has gotten more attention with his work, and you want to jab at how he does it? Give me a goddamn break. If someone had the potential and they knew it but quit because they were keeping score and someone else got more likes than them? That's their own fault.

I didnt make this just because Skibbz has gotten more attention. Is it really that bad that I saw something someone made and wanted to see what I could do with it? I see people this type of thing all the time. I had fun making this wallpaper, all I did was ask Skibbz a simple question and everyone assumes I am attacking him. 

This isn't about the original message, and you know this to be true. The rest can be summed up with what @Emaniplex said. He has valid points, that one.

I never said there was an original message. Can't I show anyone how something looks without editing? I have my preference and I want to share it. 

We should aim to be as diverse as possible, since that's how "real" animation goes anyhow. (I put real in quotes since people think 3D animation can't be as varied as 2D, but I disagree on that one.) Just make something that shines and don't step on anyone along the way. It's a hobby for most, and being this cutthroat for something someone does for free is one thing, and offering constructive criticism is another. Be the adult here and just accept that he does it differently. You don't have to even agree, because I don't agree with some of his methods either. I'm just not aiming to cause tension when I say it.

I do accept he does things differently, and I dont agree, that's okay. I never wanted to cause tension, I just wanted to remake something that I saw Skibbz do, it was a cool concept. I understand everyone seems to assume I was "attacking" him, I was not. 

oh... people still fighting..? just forget everything and move on to your WIP's. please! I get really scared seeing so much hate on ethan just because he gave a opinion and that skibbz's fans just hates too much... and i dont mean this by being on ethans side, i am on no ones side cause i dont want anything to do with a fight so im just gonna be even more quiet and go even deeper down in my corner and hopefully not say anything else... just forget about it and expiriment of what looks better: a over edited creation, a unedited creation or just maybe color correction n' stuff...P.S I am scared even more now that this is gonna end much worse then i thought T-T

11 hours ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

I didnt make this just because Skibbz has gotten more attention. Is it really that bad that I saw something someone made and wanted to see what I could do with it? I see people this type of thing all the time. I had fun making this wallpaper, all I did was ask Skibbz a simple question and everyone assumes I am attacking him. 

I never said there was an original message. Can't I show anyone how something looks without editing? I have my preference and I want to share it. 

I do accept he does things differently, and I dont agree, that's okay. I never wanted to cause tension, I just wanted to remake something that I saw Skibbz do, it was a cool concept. I understand everyone seems to assume I was "attacking" him, I was not. 

I don't see why I have to say all that just to get a proper response about it. I'm aware that you didn't intend to cause harm, but when he was asking about it, you weren't very forthcoming with his responses. Many (myself included) may assume you were aiming for tension. The fact that @Nimi also claimed there was some underlying tension doesn't help this case either.

But to ask him a question, using a wallpaper of something he already did? You're asking a question using a thick concept, and no matter your intentions, it's just going to invite this kind of discussion.

If this question was that important, why not consult him first? There has to be a reason you made a topic about it, since you don't seem to see it as a parody of the wallpaper.

8 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

I don't see why I have to say all that just to get a proper response about it. I'm aware that you didn't intend to cause harm, but when he was asking about it, you weren't very forthcoming with his responses. Many (myself included) may assume you were aiming for tension. The fact that @Nimi also claimed there was some underlying tension doesn't help this case either.

You didnt have to say any of that, I felt like you were just repeating what everyone else was saying, and I explained multiple times about the subject. 

10 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

But to ask him a question, using a wallpaper of something he already did? You're asking a question using a thick concept, and no matter your intentions, it's just going to invite this kind of discussion.

I could have just asked him, but I wanted to see what I could do with it, I wanted to see it without a bunch of edits. He created his wallpaper based on a picture someone else made, why can I not do the same?

13 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

If this question was that important, why not consult him first? There has to be a reason you made a topic about it, since you don't seem to see it as a parody of the wallpaper.

It's not a parody, I wanted to see what I could do without editing. Like I said above, he created his wallpaper based on a picture someone else made, why can't I do the same? I enjoyed making the wallpaper, I had fun. If I was making it and going to post it, why not just ask him in the topic? 

I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over. Getting the same replies over and over. Am I not being clear enough? 

5 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

I mean sure it's not good to copy others work guys, but you people don't realize that sometimes others become inspired BY OTHER PEOPLES WORK!

Yes, I was inspired to recreate this the way I like. Skibbz did the same thing with the original picture, I should be able to do the same.

5 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

(I'm going to bed, I'll read your replies proving me wrong 2morrow...)

No, dont worry, you're not entirely wrong.

39 minutes ago, Patrick said:

It looks really cool, great job!

You could maybe lower the blur in the DoF?

The posing and such is very good! <3

Thank you. I know the DoF is pretty high, that's the lowest I could get it to keep the people blurred. 

Edited by EthanForeverAlone

19 hours ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

You didnt have to say any of that, I felt like you were just repeating what everyone else was saying, and I explained multiple times about the subject. 

I could have just asked him, but I wanted to see what I could do with it, I wanted to see it without a bunch of edits. He created his wallpaper based on a picture someone else made, why can I not do the same?

It's not a parody, I wanted to see what I could do without editing. Like I said above, he created his wallpaper based on a picture someone else made, why can't I do the same? I enjoyed making the wallpaper, I had fun. If I was making it and going to post it, why not just ask him in the topic? 

I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over. Getting the same replies over and over. Am I not being clear enough? 

AIght. I see now. Sorry for being so rude about it, i was getting clouded by this whole thing is all. (That doesn't make much sense, but I can't really take back what I said) I hope to see more of what you can make.

Edited by ÜberKiller