a few basic thing that would make mine-imator better

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

ok one thing thought before we start why is pepe in the lego thing.

first off custom shapes like how it scales how it points and how it tapers down

2 custom limbs (like a human limb be able to bend both ways)

3 in schematics make an option or feature on the map beacons or marks so that way you can see where the square is instead of making a random guess where it is like a dot or something

4 how depth work there should be 2 modes 1 is the one we have now 2nd if its 5% it will only erase if its IN the object not if its looking through

5 easy skin things loke if you want to retexture a skeleton but the skin schematic is soooo different then the human ones

6 make get from parent option be able to be change in the frames thing but have it as a check box option and

7 have also an option to have cubes retexture thing like "duplicate texture: 2" and put that on blocks from minecraft

8 If one has a video file it should count as a moving picture but a few things cant be done while its playing the video it cant be moved it cant be resized and how it play its frames like how sound works it downloads the video and the frames see how long and when the video ends (only optional if lots and lots of people like it then make it happen)

9 make sounds have frames like how particles have it and you can hear it right or left ear so it isnt a constant sound in EVERYWHERE this might be an actual feature i dont really mess with sound that much

Edited by zinocat

21 minutes ago, zinocat said:

ok one thing thought before we start why is pepe in the lego thing. first off custom shapes like how it scales how it points and how it tapers down 2 custom limbs 3 in schematics make an option or feature on the map beacons or marks so that way you can see where the square is instead of making a random guess where it is like a dot or something 4 how depth work there should be 2 modes 1 is the one we have now 2nd if its 5% it will only erase if its IN the object not if its looking through 5 easy skin things loke if you want to retexture a skeleton but the skin schematic is soooo different then the human ones 6 make get from parent option be able to be change in the frames thing but have it as a check box option and 7 have also an option to have cubes retexture thing like "duplicate texture: 2" and put that on blocks from minecraft and that is it whoo

i wanted to reply just because i wanted to tell you that Pepe is there because Trump has been elected president

Here's the source code.

WiRSyOI.png

Edited by BloxxerCreeperDTC

No offense, but the only thing I got out of that was Modifying custom shapes and duplicating textures on shapes.
If you mean changing the model of the shapes, I'm afraid that ain't happening for a while, as Mineimator loads pre-built models via code from an another outdated modelling tool.
You can change the amount of sides some shapes have tho'.

And you can already duplicate textures on shapes.

If this is not what you meant, then I apologize, as I cannot comprehend a single thing you said and I read over it 3 times.
Fullstops and commas certainly help alot.

5 minutes ago, Emunator said:

No offense, but the only thing I got out of that was Modifying custom shapes and duplicating textures on shapes.
If you mean changing the model of the shapes, I'm afraid that ain't happening for a while, as Mineimator loads pre-built models via code from an another outdated modelling tool.
You can change the amount of sides some shapes have tho'.

And you can already duplicate textures on shapes.

If this is not what you meant, then I apologize, as I cannot comprehend a single thing you said and I read over it 3 times.
Fullstops and commas certainly help alot.

ok fine about the grammar part and appreciate the honesty 

Edited by zinocat

Here's a translation for what (I think)  Zino means, @Emunator

Hi guys, I have a few ideas on what would make MI better. 

1. Custom Shapes
    *Adding Sides, Vertices and Points
      Adding these things allows users to have more freedom when it comes to modeling, for an example, selecting parts of the body and moving them inward, to create hips.

2. Custom Body Parts
    *Adding Multiple Bend Points in Limbs, Ect.
      As of right now, all body parts that have a bend ability, only have one point to bend from. Adding more points to bend from can really add to MI's professional appearance.   It also wouldn't hurt to allow parts to bend sideways.

3. Better Schematic Importing
    *More Userfriendly World Importer
      When importing smaller scale objects the import tool has no issues, but when you go for bigger sizes, the viewport becomes obnoxious. To solve this problem, I suggest       adding a feature to mark "Beacons" while in the viewport for easier visibility and prioritization.

4. More Camera Depth Options
    *Addition of Better Depth Functionality
      Right now there is one way of providing depth in MI, to make everything equally blurry and have distance create the illusion of more depth. I believe there should be more     options, or better control when it comes to the Camera Depth. One suggestion would be the ability to tweak foreground depth separately from background depth.

5. In-Game Skin Editor
    *Addition of a Skin Editor
     Editing skins can be somewhat problematic for newer users who don't understand GIMP or Paint.NET, I suggest adding an In-Program skin editor, which provides a              realtime, 3D preview.

6. Object Parenting via Timeline
    *Allow Object Parenting to be Changed in the Timeline
      If a character wants to pick up a item from the ground, and carry it with them, there needs to be two items, one invisible item in the hand, and the visible one on the           ground, which switches once picked up. A good idea to remove this hassle, would be to allow object parenting to be influenced by the animation timeline.

7. Allow Individual Shape Textures
    *Add the Ability to Change a Shape's Texture, with a Catch
      If I wanted to have 2 shapes with different textures, I would need to create two separate cubes with the Tool Menu, instead of this, I suggest allowing all shapes to have   individual texture support. When you are creating something In-Program with the shapes, it is easier and faster to clone an object while building instead of clicking the       Tool Menu, adding another shape, adding a new texture, parenting it, positioning it, shaping it. You get the point. It would be faster and more User Friendly just to give     cloned shapes the ability to change texture.
Edited by Juno

5 minutes ago, Juno said:

Here's a translation for what (I think)  Zino means,

Hi guys, I have a few ideas on what would make MI better. 

1. Custom Shapes
    *Adding Sides, Vertices and Points
      Adding these things allows users to have more freedom when it comes to modeling, for an example, selecting parts of the body and moving them inward, to create hips.

2. Custom Body Parts
    *Adding Multiple Bend Points in Limbs, Ect.
      As of right now, all body parts that have a bend ability, only have one point to bend from. Adding more points to bend from can really add to MI's professional appearance.   It also wouldn't hurt to allow parts to bend sideways.

3. Better Schematic Importing
    *More Userfriendly World Importer
      When importing smaller scale objects the import tool has no issues, but when you go for bigger sizes, the viewport becomes obnoxious. To solve this problem, I suggest       adding a feature to mark "Beacons" while in the viewport for easier visibility and prioritization.

4. More Camera Depth Options
    *Addition of Better Depth Functionality
      Right now there is one way of providing depth in MI, to make everything equally blurry and have distance create the illusion of more depth. I believe there should be more     options, or better control when it comes to the Camera Depth. One suggestion would be the ability to tweak foreground depth separately from background depth.

5. In-Game Skin Editor
    *Addition of a Skin Editor
     Editing skins can be somewhat problematic for newer users who don't understand GIMP or Paint.NET, I suggest adding an In-Program skin editor, which provides a              realtime, 3D preview.

6. Object Parenting via Timeline
    *Allow Object Parenting to be Changed in the Timeline
      If a character wants to pick up a item from the ground, and carry it with them, there needs to be two items, one invisible item in the hand, and the visible one on the           ground, which switches once picked up. A good idea to remove this hassle, would be to allow object parenting to be influenced by the animation timeline.

7. Allow Individual Shape Textures
    *Add the Ability to Change a Shape's Texture, with a Catch
      If I wanted to have 2 shapes with different textures, I would need to create two separate cubes with the Tool Menu, instead of this, I suggest allowing all shapes to have   individual texture support. When you are creating something In-Program with the shapes, it is easier and faster to clone an object while building instead of clicking the       Tool Menu, adding another shape, adding a new texture, parenting it, positioning it, shaping it. You get the point. It would be faster and more User Friendly just to give     cloned shapes the ability to change texture.

what i mean except 4 and 7 ill explain later i have a few things to do

Edited by zinocat

Thank you for editing your post Zino making it easier, and thanks Juno, I now have something to reference.
I'll ignore 4 & 7 as Zino said those aren't correct or something.

1. Same answer as I said before, Mineimator loads prebuilt models via code from an outdated modelling tool David used and regretted using. So changing models on the go isn't happening for a long time unless someone re-writes all the models from scratch. (Even then, not sure if Gamemaker supports it)

2. Possible, and I do like this idea.

3. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, @David didn't make the World Importing tool(I think it's his friends?), and we don't have the source for it, just an API to read from it, so we cannot change the World importer one bit as of currently. And Neither can David.

5. If you mean an inbuilt skin editor, then I like that idea. Infact me and @Nimi should work together to make one and add it to the community build, I don't see why not.
(Or Ill do it myself if Pika is busy trying to fix and add more features)

6. Despite Juno's efforts to translate this one, I still have trouble understanding, but from what I can see, you want to be able to parent and unparent objects without them flying off somewhere and ruining your animation, if that is the case, then unfortunately that ain't happening. Because that isn't how parenting works, as 'child' and 'parent' inherit position, rotation, scale and more from each other. If you don't get the fundamentals of parenting then I don't think I could easily explain it to you.

Thanks @Juno, it helped.
Hopefully this answers some of your suggestions.

16 minutes ago, Emunator said:

5. If you mean an inbuilt skin editor, then I like that idea. Infact me and @Nimi should work together to make one and add it to the community build, I don't see why not.
(Or Ill do it myself if Pika is busy trying to fix and add more features)

Would it be for fast edits? Like if one wanted to take a skin and make it ready to rig on the spot they wouldn't have to open up paint.net to remove the eyes and mouth reigon? If it were any more complex, then I'd honestly be shocked if it were added.

Also would it be limited to skins, or perhaps on-the-spot particle texture editor as well? pls

@Nimi Take this offer man. I beg of you I need a feature like this so bad.

Edited by ÜberKiller

1 minute ago, ÜberKiller said:

Would it be for fast edits? Like if one wanted to take a skin and make it ready to rig on the spot they wouldn't have to open up paint.net to remove the eyes and mouth reigon? If it were any more complex, then I'd honestly be shocked if it were added.

Even though I made most of the key features of the Community Build, I'm still new to GameMaker. And Emu said he's willing to add it.

Just now, Nimi said:

Even though I made most of the key features of the Community Build, I'm still new to GameMaker. And Emu said he's willing to add it.

Well he was mainly aiming for a duo project. In any case, here's hoping one day we get it. If Emu saves the day or if you both do.

8 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

Also would it be limited to skins, or perhaps on-the-spot particle texture editor as well? pls

well i was thinking more of the lines of being able to explain or show or have a different way to translate it like only the 2 cube in the core of the arm are skeletons arms but now that a read junos translation his is more of a good idea except not in mine-imator because too much processing power but as a website maybe here or a 2nd one allowing the person to draw on the models of entities