Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

On 10/14/2016 at 11:32 AM, tditdatdwt said:

Oh sure you can have the most "pro effects m8" but if your story is incoherent or just not therecoughskibbzcough.. it's just nothing.. didn't even say it's "bad" it's just.. nothing.

never heard of a test animation that had a story

if they were held to that standard i'd probably be blown away with what the actual narratives entailed here

7 minutes ago, ÜberKiller said:

never heard of a test animation that had a story

if they were held to that standard i'd probably be blown away with what the actual narratives entailed here

Test animation? Pls m8, it isn't stated anywhere that this is a "TESSTTT", as the matter of fact it's a "Minecraft Animated Short".
If you're gonna say "o is in random/test animtin" that would be stupid, because you'd be disregarding the "random" part, and even if it were "random" it would still need to give some sort of entertainment and not be just some pointless "o luk what i can du" type of thing.

3 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

Test animation? Pls m8, it isn't stated anywhere that this is a "TESSTTT", as the matter of fact it's a "Minecraft Animated Short".
If you're gonna say "o is in random/test animtin" that would be stupid, because you'd be disregarding the "random" part, and even if it were "random" it would still need to give some sort of entertainment and not be just some pointless "o luk what i can du" type of thing.

that's actually the point of this animation, is just a random idea that he tested in MI to show what you can do. the entertainment is the realistic atmosphere that makes you wonder, how i can do this?

4 minutes ago, BBruce7815 said:

that's actually the point of this animation, is just a random idea that he tested in MI to show what you can do. the entertainment is the realistic atmosphere that makes you wonder, how i can do this?

It's NOT a "test". There's nothing to "test". It's just a "look what I can do" animation.

And if you want to know how to do this.. well, just spend a bit of time constructing this room, and when you're done shake the camera around, put some effects and you'll get all them likes m8.

7 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

It's NOT a "test". There's nothing to "test". It's just a "look what I can do" animation.

And if you want to know how to do this.. well, just spend a bit of time constructing this room, and when you're done shake the camera around, put some effects and you'll get all them likes m8.

touche, but still, why does it need a story? if it is a "look what i can do" animation, is just to show up what he can do, nothing else.

but if you're that mind-closed that you think that beacuse it doen't have as story is bad, i can't do more.

and before you say that you never stated that, i'll quote this:

On 14/10/2016 at 4:32 PM, tditdatdwt said:

Oh sure you can have the most "pro effects m8" but if your story is incoherent or just not therecoughskibbzcough.. it's just nothing.. didn't even say it's "bad" it's just.. nothing.

5 minutes ago, BBruce7815 said:

touche, but still, why does it need a story? if it is a "look what i can do" animation, is just to show up what he can do, nothing else.

but if you're that mind-closed that you think that beacuse it doen't have as story is bad, i can't do more.

and before you say that you never stated that, i'll quote this:

Why would I say that I never stated that..

Of course it needs ..some sort of a coherent story, I don't find a camera moving around a room to be particularly entertaining y'know? And by "story" I don't mean that it has to be some long animation with an epic story ..no, I just mean that something needs to happen, something one would find entertaining, something I don't see here.

Edited by tditdatdwt

1 minute ago, tditdatdwt said:

Why would I say that I never stated that..

Of course it needs ..some sort of a coherent story, I don't find a camera moving around a room to be particularly entertaining y'know? And by "story" I don't mean that it has to be some long animation with an epic story ..no, I just mean that something needs to happen, something one would find entertaining, something I don't see here.

my opinion remains

Just now, tditdatdwt said:

Opinion on what? All you said was that the point of this animation is to "show off" which I agree with..

then i'm sorry, i see that i confused myself with the first comment, i apologize

On 10/16/2016 at 1:27 AM, tditdatdwt said:

A story is to have relevance to the animation itself. It's not a "this bedroom needs a story" kind of animation when even you know hes going to not use this thing again.

Storyboarding comes first, and is then drawn out by the animation last. If the intent from the start is a "look what I can do" kind of animation, then it was never planned from the start. It's easy to argue it needs a story, but you can go on threads for days saying the same thing.

I'm not even gonna say it's a random animation, (and won't assume why you did that either.) This is very clearly a test, and the random/test animations will contain random animations and tests. I have seen neither distinguished and having a line cutting the two in clear subforums would just be foolhardy attempt to make things make more easy than they already are.

At the end of the day, people will simply form ideas that this video presents. And here we are discussing if it needs a story; if you need more, you missed the point.

6 hours ago, ÜberKiller said:

A story is to have relevance to the animation itself. It's not a "this bedroom needs a story" kind of animation when even you know hes going to not use this thing again.

Storyboarding comes first, and is then drawn out by the animation last. If the intent from the start is a "look what I can do" kind of animation, then it was never planned from the start. It's easy to argue it needs a story, but you can go on threads for days saying the same thing.

I'm not even gonna say it's a random animation, (and won't assume why you did that either.) This is very clearly a test, and the random/test animations will contain random animations and tests. I have seen neither distinguished and having a line cutting the two in clear subforums would just be foolhardy attempt to make things make more easy than they already are.

At the end of the day, people will simply form ideas that this video presents. And here we are discussing if it needs a story; if you need more, you missed the point.

What the hell are you talking about..?
Alright so no one calls a "test" an "Animated Short", there's nothing "obvious" about this being some test, perfectly logical to assume that this isn't a test, what even is it "testing". So with the basis that this isn't a test, I'd say it needs some sort of a story to entertain me, I gain no enjoyment in watching a camera go around a room, and once again by "story" I just mean some sort of coherent, or at least entertaining basic plot. I think you "missed the point" m8.

And if it is a "test", then I don't give a crap, I think test animations are pointless. If this was clearly stated to be a ..."test" then I probably wouldn't have even commented on it.

9 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

What the hell are you talking about..?
Alright so no one calls a "test" an "Animated Short", there's nothing "obvious" about this being some test, perfectly logical to assume that this isn't a test, what even is it "testing". So with the basis that this isn't a test, I'd say it needs some sort of a story to entertain me, I gain no enjoyment in watching a camera go around a room, and once again by "story" I just mean some sort of coherent, or at least entertaining basic plot. I think you "missed the point" m8.

And if it is a "test", then I don't give a crap, I think test animations are pointless. If this was clearly stated to be a ..."test" then I probably wouldn't have even commented on it.

you need something logical for it to be a test? maybe considering the fact that if it doesn't have even a basic plot makes it a test.

and if it doesn't entertaing you and you're upset by people telling that this is good when you think it isn't, then you should've probably, as you said, didn't comment in the first place.

1 hour ago, BBruce7815 said:

you need something logical for it to be a test? maybe considering the fact that if it doesn't have even a basic plot makes it a test.

and if it doesn't entertaing you and you're upset by people telling that this is good when you think it isn't, then you should've probably, as you said, didn't comment in the first place.

What are you talking about..? Not a single person specifically told me "this is good" before I made my first post, dear god stop defending this already, I'm not even "attacking" it.