I heard you guys like Monster School

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

On 9/8/2016 at 8:18 PM, Astro Animations said:

it didn't do anything to me.. I just hate all the kids (most of them are kids, anyway. willcraft realized eventually what monster school was and why it was a bad idea to do, and now he hopes to create better videos) going around making the exact same thing all the other kids are making, who themselves are doing just that, and so on.
It's just not original.. herobrine sits in a classroom and points at the board with a stick, and monsters fail or succeed and herobrine reacts (quite blankly, I should say) to their attempt, then he proceeds to post their grades up on the wall (which is not normal, to my knowledge..)

not to mention all the monster school ive ever seen was animated so terrible youd think it was a 9 year old. and some of them might be

but this is actually a good twist, just... please call it something else if you ever do something like this again :sweat:

giphy.gifDramatic-Clapping-Crying-Meme-Face-Of-CirbdWv.gif

Edited by BlueYoshi73

On 9/10/2016 at 1:01 PM, Astro Animations said:

no, most of my complaints against monster school don't apply to this animation. that's my point, you made it quite different, just please call it something else because to be honest, it is something way better, and more original, even if it was inspired by monster school.

I don't want to needlessly bump this topic, so this will be my last reply about this here (feel free to message me or whatevs, if you want to continue discussion! ;)).

Anywho, I completely understand where you're coming from, but I think you're putting way too much focus on the title. My guess would be that, most people here would like to see higher quality work get noticed as much as the Monster School stereotypes that are so hated, right? Unfortunately, YouTube (and the internet in general) doesn't really care how good your work is, because it is a biased (or unbiased, depending on how you look at it) search ranking system. Now, I would preface this with what I said before, and that is, I think the title was apt for the content/inspiration for the animation; however, even if it wasn't - and, assuming the title isn't unjustly misleading - is it not better to use the system to help shine light on higher quality work, rather than creators who strive to be original generally being left in the shadows?

I don't really have any issues with Monster School, the quality, or popularity of it; honestly, though, as someone who does try to be original, I lean more towards agreeing with you. But, you also have to "play the game" if you want to change things, unfortunately. Would I make more Monster School? Yeah, if I have ideas that I think would be cool for it, but is that all I would want my channel to be about - just to be "popular"? Nah.