Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The God has returned!

Now alls that is left is a tutorial and The newbies to fighting will be happy. although you wouldnt need to. Its just a suggestion? (idk im so confised on what i just said so yea super confused plz dont kill me)

Edited by Slime

On 8/11/2016 at 4:38 PM, SDWAN said:

I guess I'm the only one noticing the choppyness in certain areas, and other most people tend to ignore for some odd reason

As I've said before, once you're past a certain point of skill in animation, people should just assume that the bulk of the errors in sloppiness were noticed by you and accepted in their state due to efficiency or stylistic purposes.

It's like how authors are allowed to write passages that don't make a whole lot of structural sense or change the point of view of a novel in the middle of it because of their overall mastery of language.

Also, we're not professionals being paid loads of money for absolute perfection, and most of our animations are an uncollaborative effort. If you get the message of the motions and then some, that may simply be the goal of the animator.

There's also a line that has to be drawn in quality at times. If you aim too high on every movement, nothing might get done (and a lot of people wouldn't notice anyway).

The lesson here is saying, "Look! His feet slid across the ground a little at the twentieth second!" usually isn't required since an animator of this stature probably knew that already and decided the cost of rewriting the entire choreography and positioning of all the characters in the animation to adjust for a tiny erroneous shift in space by the main character wasn't worth the miniscule difference it would make on the animation.

Suggesting, say, how to make the fight more organic or authentic, or suggesting how characters should've reacted to certain attacks would probably be way more useful.  :thumbsup: