Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

19 hours ago, Colonel Muffin said:

The original video really wasn't that good, in my opinion. And I know 99.99% of the forums thinks it was awesome, so that's why I said "Don't hurt me it's just my opinion."

I could create a whole topic explaining why R E A L I T Y concept 1 really wasn't that good. I'm just too lazy at the moment.   :P

I'd like to see some of the points you have.
Being honest im likely to agree with many of your points. I admit that it got extremely hyped and at first i thought it was cool, but then i started to realize how bad the overhype affected me and my reputation. How it affected my motivation. How the constant pressure of people telling me to get stuff done caused my motivation to drain and made me force to rush things out. Concept 1 was made about a year ago and i made it when i wasn't really at my strong point anyways. But i prefer it over anything i ever made mainly because of the meaning behind it. I did get lazy with many parts in the animation.

In short, if your point is that it isn't as good as people say it is (meaning you say its okay but not like the best thing ever) then i totally agree with you. If your point however is that its the worst thing ever made then you haven't seen my other stuff lmao. 

(anyways yeah someone told me about this comment and told me to try and roast you and i was like lolno i wanna hear what he has to say because he might understand my thoughts as well.)
I've also stated many times that i've never EVER intended for this series to be so popular. It was more of just a side project/vent project if you will.

Edited by The Tan James

1 hour ago, JayLightningMC said:

This is awesome! Keep up the good work!

thank you so much ;D

1 hour ago, The Tan James said:

Being honest im likely to agree with many of your points. I admit that it got extremely hyped and at first i thought it was cool, but then i started to realize how bad the overhype affected me and my reputation. How it affected my motivation. How the constant pressure of people telling me to get stuff done caused my motivation to drain and made me force to rush things out. Concept 1 was made about a year ago and i made it when i wasn't really at my strong point anyways. But i prefer it over anything i ever made mainly because of the meaning behind it. I did get lazy with many parts in the animation.

In short, if your point is that it isn't as good as people say it is (meaning you say its okay but not like the best thing ever) then i totally agree with you. If your point however is that its the worst thing ever made then you haven't seen my other stuff lmao. 

(anyways yeah someone told me about this comment and told me to try and roast you and i was like lolno i wanna hear what he has to say because he might understand my thoughts as well.)
I've also stated many times that i've never EVER intended for this series to be so popular. It was more of just a side project/vent project if you will.

in my opinion your reality series are great :D

i love them and i cant wait for each of them to come out

but i am willing to wait up to 30 years because i know the struggle you are going through righ tnow and i will let you pass time and do what you want to such as mourning you friend

have a good day 

~Biggest fan

Immqrtal

5 hours ago, The Tan James said:

It's definitely not the "worst thing ever made", far from it. It's just that it has lots of things that need some attention. Like how there are fighting textures all over the place, the fingers at the end were strange, and how the first half of the animation had 3 trees as scenery (Also, the story didn't make any sense but that's probably because it was just a concept and you didn't mean for it to get big anyway). But yeah, what I'm saying is that it isn't as good as people say it is. It's okay but not the best thing ever. I completely understand however, that you weren't trying to make it the best thing ever. Sometimes we all need something small to work on to escape stress. ^_^

And now, a compilation of points in the video where stuff got weird. (You don't have to read this, it's just everything I found that didn't really look too appealing in my opinion.)

Spoiler

0:55 - An HD leaf in pixelated trees.

1:15 - Texture fighting on the photos.

1:33 - The roses split in 2! :o

1:46 - That bandanna wasn't there before, was it?

2:38 - The explosion is just a big yellow sphere expanding in size.

4:47 - The dude with the armor just sort of floats there for a second.

0:52 to 5:32 - Extremely little scenery.

5:45 - That stair walking animation was a little awkward.

5:58 - He's floating across the floor! :o

6:04 - DOF is extremely exaggerated.

6:32 - ZOMG HE HAS FINGERS!! :o

6:36 - @SKIBBZ's and his pals' textures are fighting! :o Oh and also the glowstone and torches aren't making light.

7:13 - Her arm warmers are phasing through her shirt! The lower part of her shirt is phasing through the top half too!

7:15 - The 2 halves of his arms are fighting eachother.

7:26 - Dose fingers are ew.

7:41 - His neck ain't lookin' so good.

And by the way, I don't think I could make anything as good as this. ;)

Edited by Colonel Muffin

1 hour ago, Colonel Muffin said:

It's definitely not the "worst thing ever made", far from it. It's just that it has lots of things that need some attention. Like how there are fighting textures all over the place, the fingers at the end were strange, and how the first half of the animation had 3 trees as scenery (Also, the story didn't make any sense but that's probably because it was just a concept and you didn't mean for it to get big anyway). But yeah, what I'm saying is that it isn't as good as people say it is. It's okay but not the best thing ever. I completely understand however, that you weren't trying to make it the best thing ever. Sometimes we all need something small to work on to escape stress. ^_^

And now, a compilation of points in the video where stuff got weird. (You don't have to read this, it's just everything I found that didn't really look too appealing in my opinion.)

Reveal hidden contents

0:55 - An HD leaf in pixelated trees.

1:15 - Texture fighting on the photos.

1:33 - The roses split in 2! :o

1:46 - That bandanna wasn't there before, was it?

2:38 - The explosion is just a big yellow sphere expanding in size.

4:47 - The dude with the armor just sort of floats there for a second.

0:52 to 5:32 - Extremely little scenery.

5:45 - That stair walking animation was a little awkward.

5:58 - He's floating across the floor! :o

6:04 - DOF is extremely exaggerated.

6:32 - ZOMG HE HAS FINGERS!! :o

6:36 - @SKIBBZ's and his pals' textures are fighting! :o Oh and also the glowstone and torches aren't making light.

7:13 - Her arm warmers are phasing through her shirt! The lower part of her shirt is phasing through the top half too!

7:15 - The 2 halves of his arms are fighting eachother.

7:26 - Dose fingers are ew.

7:41 - His neck ain't lookin' so good.

And by the way, I don't think I could make anything as good as this. ;)

I appreciate the list you have there. It's actually very helpful. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for everything in future animations ;)

On 8/7/2016 at 11:04 AM, Immqrtal said:

because it states thats its a scene from reality concept 1 im trying to master other animations to master my own

copying someone else's animation and trying to mimic it doesn't make you better, since you're just copying what they're doing instead of making your own scene...

4 hours ago, Yoshidacrafter said:

copying someone else's animation and trying to mimic it doesn't make you better, since you're just copying what they're doing instead of making your own scene...

It was a scene remake / fan remake scene I am mastering good animations to master my own

3 hours ago, Immqrtal said:

It was a scene remake / fan remake scene I am mastering good animations to master my own

Remaking something isn't making anything new, though. Therefore you're not creating your own original ideas to practice with...

14 minutes ago, Yoshidacrafter said:

Remaking something isn't making anything new, though. Therefore you're not creating your own original ideas to practice with...

I am practicing by remaking the scene I animated my self using a video from @The Tan James I asked for advice from him not you. And he likes it ^-^

3 hours ago, Immqrtal said:

I am practicing by remaking the scene I animated my self using a video from @The Tan James I asked for advice from him not you. And he likes it ^-^

When did I say I was giving you advice? It's my opinion m8, not his - these are the forums where there's criticism around every corner. All I'm saying is that it's better for you to think of some original ideas than copy your favorite animators, even if they're okay with it.

Edited by Yoshidacrafter